Whats everyones view.

well?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Big T - Adrian flux mate... standard glanza next year would cost me 1700... with wheels and an exhaust puts it down to 1400

yep the td04 will be the decider of the car matey ;) - i will miss the car if i end up selling cus its my little dream car.. but means when i got more money i can come back and make a more fearsome glanza ;)

Lol, i'm with adrian flux already, but i don't think they share the same policy of more mods the cheaper unfortunatly... :o Are you sure you've checked around for better prices? I'm younger than you, with an engine conversion and i'm paying less...

But anyways, back to the matter in question.. s14 or glanza... hmmm...

hes paying for what it says in the back... GLANZA.. yours is an N/A with an engine swap...

insurance is dependant on where you live too though, like the crime hotspots and all...

so maybe where Glanza_love lives is a tad higher on the crime than where BIG T lives ;)

A midly modded glanza would keep up with a standard s14. Tuning an s14 seems reasonably cheap for something around 300bhp and its reliable.

I would keep the glanza if your going to put a td04 on it though ;)

a midly modded glanza would almost keep up with a standard s14 upto about 90-100, then the s14 would pull away i expect, the gearing is ENTIRELY different, completely different car to drive. Its not a back street ragger, its a long legged wangan puppy.

its rare you see a standard s14 anyway, so thats a bit of a silly arguement :o

Running an S14 is very much different to a glanza. its obviously more expensive as they are quite thirsty (well below 20mpg if ragging it), and they were a 25k car when new so they have running costs accordingly, but parts for tuning are generally cheaper, although as there are SO many bits for them, you end up spending twice as much :p

they will obviously eat tyres if you drive them that way, and brakes etc can also get destroyed in one session as they aren't exactly light, but generally they're pretty solid and wont give you much trouble if you buy a good one.

also glanza-love, a td04 glanza would be rapid yeah, but if you threw 500quid at the engine bay of an s14, then it'd be a far more interesting matter. you'd have to spend a hell of a lot more on the starlet either way, thats the fun bit about s14's, they're so cheap for parts. As above, the gearing would allow the s14 to leave you standing above speeds of about 100, i've seen 150 (on the clocks, so say 140 true speed) without any effort when mine was stock, i've not had the pleasure of having a go now, but the stock turbo will happily see speeds above that if boosted up (stocker is good for 300bhp).

They're completely different kettles of fish, you can't compare them at all really as they're not the same by any stretch of the imagination.

I miss my starlet at times, i really do, mainly because we went through so much together (hedges etc ;)), although i would never swap my s14 for a starlet now, its just a completely different experience, everythings readily available, it just all depends on which direction you wanna go.

You might want to check insurance prices etc first if you're gonna bolt some mods on, alot of companies get a bit touchy about it. My renewal's come through, and thats £860 FC (for unlimited modifications) which i'm perfectly happy with, on a '99 S14A. Its double the insurance on my Colt, yeah, but its more than double the car ;)

yeah i dont mind running costs on the car as i can walk to work lol i just intend the car for personal driving and ive started to fall in love with s14's my mate said he would sell me his once its repaired but tbh and even rubix could back me in sayin once its repaired hes keeping it...

its a lovely s14 ... hyper orange beast lol need to find some pics ;)

yeah just go with the flow mate, they're entirely different cars like i said, you can't really compare the two, it just depends how you intend to drive it.

if its for blapping away from lights etc, then the s14 isn't ideal, as they are so long legged, you need to have them up into triple figures to appreciate what they're good at. either that or be blapping sideways ;)

I'd say stick with the Glanza for a bit, especially if you're doing the TD04 conversion. Although it is expensive and if you spent the same amount of money on modding an S14 you would get greater gain, but still Glanza is my choice.

I love my glanza... and i have decided im on a MISSION to find a cheap insurance a few have said Bell so i think ill give them a call

my mate said his was 900£... that sounds a site better than 2500£.. if i get a quote like that ill be telling adrian flux where to go... ive not had the best time with them.. pissing me off at the start saying we need this we need that... and cus they didnt get it they sent me letters they were going to cancel the policy.. and i had payed them £1400 up front!!!!!!!!! - adrian flux = joke

LOL...this is why I was wondering how old you were? £2500 is a hell of lot, even with only being 20 with no ncb.

Mines £700 21 with 2 ncb. But still is shouldnt be triple that for not having any ncb.

The first thing to do, is go on comparison sites and get whatever the cheapest quote it, like Gocompare.com / moneysupermarket / confused.com / tesco'scompare.

Then, in the back of most car mags are details of insurers that specify in jap imports and modified cars. Alot of these will be Brokers rather than Insurers, which are always cheaper.

Have you tried Performacedirect?

You might want to check insurance prices etc first if you're gonna bolt some mods on, alot of companies get a bit touchy about it. My renewal's come through, and thats £860 FC (for unlimited modifications) which i'm perfectly happy with, on a '99 S14A. Its double the insurance on my Colt, yeah, but its more than double the car :lol:

which insurance company are you with and how old, ncb etc?

its just that sounds like something i may be interested in come renewal time.