went to get my fueling checked today by a local garage.

the bloke ran it on the rollers for a short blast, and then came and told me its fueling at 6.5%, he said this was a safe fuel level and there was plenty of fuel there when going flat out on boost for me not to worry.

this doesnt mean alot to me.

does this sound about right?

you measure injectors in percentage. but 6.5% injector pulse will idle a car not run it with boost.

fuelling is measured as a ratio to the air going into the engine (12:1 for example).

id give him a call and find out what he means? because if he means 6.5:1 then thats UBER rich.

yeah thats what i said to him, that i thought it was measured as a ratio. but he said that there was a 6.5% fuel so its plenty of fuel there.

if i ring him what shall i ask, i dont know anything at all about fueling.

to be honest i have no idea what he was telling me. i just went in and said i need to get the fueling checked becaust i have put a bigger turbo, new ecu.... ect. he put it on the dyno put the probes in and gave it a blast. he then came over and said its at 6.5% which is plenty of fuel to be safe. thats all i was told really and as i know nothing about fueling i assumed what he was telling me was correct

im gussin hes talkin about your injector duty then man with him sayin in percentages, if he was on about your car on idle and injector duty been 6.5% sounds a bit high but will check mine tonight and see what my injector duty is on idle. because you need to worry if your car is on full boost and your injectors are maxin out not gettin anuff fuel in for your set up makin the car run lean.

someone correct me if im wrong...

p.s i dont think your car will be maxin out the injectors tho

just been on to him and he said that it was the carbon monoxide reading was 6.5% he said he can tell from this that the afrs are safe. is he chating bollocks?

i wanted a dyno run but he said the dyno was playing up. he said he could still do my fueling though by running it on the dyno just couldnt give me a power figure.

i rang up and he seemed offended that i would question what he was telling me. he said from the carbon monoxide reading you can tell if its safe or not. and started spouting on about how many years of experience he has and all that and told me to get who ever is disagreeing with what he is saying to give him a call!

i wanted a dyno run but he said the dyno was playing up. he said he could still do my fueling though by running it on the dyno just couldnt give me a power figure.

i rang up and he seemed offended that i would question what he was telling me. he said from the carbon monoxide reading you can tell if its safe or not. and started spouting on about how many years of experience he has and all that and told me to get who ever is disagreeing with what he is saying to give him a call!

lol hes prob on his period, he prob is right in what he is sayin, but i think hes givin a guestimate of roughly what he can work out from the cabon readin.

well he did tell me that off boost its running close to being lean, which im lead to believe is a good thing. and on full boost, flat out its at 6.5 which is more than enough fuel.

he could well be speaking the truth. i was just expecting to be told a ratio. this does sound like a bit of an educated guess to the afrs, but i assume he knows his stuff.

if its fuelling safe its time for a little more boost!

well as im lead to beleive running close to being lean off boost leads to faster spool up times due to engine tempuratures. he said it wasnt leaning out just close to being lean.

im gonna get a a dyno run and fueling check at another tuners soon anyway, as i want to know what my turbos capable of putting out.

apologise for what? i never said anything to question his knowledge i just asked what the reading was, and if he knew what the arf ratio would be

yeah i said to him i needed to know what the reading was he gave me and thats all, and if he knew what afr ratio it would be. he asked me what the problem was and i told him i was told i would need an afr ratio. he then started being mardy with me saying he knows what he is doing. i didnt ring up and give him any shit at all.

• 1 month later...
im gussin hes talkin about your injector duty then man with him sayin in percentages, if he was on about your car on idle and injector duty been 6.5% sounds a bit high but will check mine tonight and see what my injector duty is on idle. because you need to worry if your car is on full boost and your injectors are maxin out not gettin anuff fuel in for your set up makin the car run lean.

someone correct me if im wrong...

p.s i dont think your car will be maxin out the injectors tho

Where did you go to?

CO2 readings are old fashioned now and not widely used nowadays, hes probably a bit old/experienced with old machines. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.