I have an ep91 4efte.

I am thinking of running it at .8 bar on stock internals, exhaust, manifold?, front mount, actuator. Is there anything else needed to run the turbo at that pressure safely, and is 0.8 too much for a ct9 to run before fuel cut?

also.. does anybody know what sort of power can the standard clutch handle?

Thanks ;)

standard turbo can run 1.2bar but its at the peak efficent at 1 bar the only thing i can see u missing is some sort of fueling like some injectors or a RRFPR

You would expect at a ball park figure 170bhp.

Clutch wont last 2 long well didnt on my mates wen we turned it up to a bar

Toby, Will a standard manifold cope with near 1 bar (14-15psi) boost pressure as long as the fueling is safe? I have a Jam Ecu previously setup on a CT9 hybrid and would just like to know how far I can take it before I get a M/S mani on in september.

After relocating my air filter to the front bumper, it's holding boost (on one of your actuators), untill revs reach about 5-6krpms, then it creeps slowly to 14psi, but very rarely goes over that. I'd like to get it boosting to a bar consistently, but am concerned whether the mani will cause issues with the engine etc (70k miles on the clock).

Cheers,

Alex

Toby, Will a standard manifold cope with near 1 bar (14-15psi) boost pressure as long as the fueling is safe? I have a Jam Ecu previously setup on a CT9 hybrid and would just like to know how far I can take it before I get a M/S mani on in september.

After relocating my air filter to the front bumper, it's holding boost (on one of your actuators), untill revs reach about 5-6krpms, then it creeps slowly to 14psi, but very rarely goes over that. I'd like to get it boosting to a bar consistently, but am concerned whether the mani will cause issues with the engine etc (70k miles on the clock).

Cheers,

Alex

i would strongly recommend not running 1 bar with a standard manifold you will be putting to much stress on the third runner and end up buggering the piston, it's not long till September so just stay safe its not worth taking the risk just for a bit more boost imo.

i would strongly recommend not running 1 bar with a standard manifold you will be putting to much stress on the third runner and end up buggering the piston, it's not long till September so just stay safe its not worth taking the risk just for a bit more boost imo.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm running 12psi (0.8bar) atm, but its creeping to .9 (14psi) when rev'd high. I think it should be ok as I dont bring the revs up high very often. When I get my decat on I may port the wastegate to help stop the creep.

you can run .9 bar on the stock setup. thats within the fuel cut and everything.

you definitely dont need a walbro!

all id really recommend is a rrfpr with a slightly higher fuel pressure say 38 psi on idle or something.

everything else will be fine, i ran .9bar on a fairly stock setup forever, and that was with a topmount aswell.

so at the min you havent got a decat then? you dont want to run anywhere near a bar with the cat still in otherwise you going to be getting high egt's mate, which isnt good.

You have a good point there. If Dane is free this weekend, my Decat is going on then, at which point I will get the wastegate ported.

Rick - It seems there is a conflict of opinions on what is safe to run on a stock setup! I'm not creeping over 14psi (.93bar) and its only reaching that when the revs are pushed high. It does feel pretty good though, the way it creeps up as the revs go past 5k, feels like it hits another powerband! I'm suprised how well the stock Ct9 keeps boosting. Can't wait to get the W/G ported, decent mani and decat on, will then be a different animal hopefully.