How long does it take to register an import with the dvla?

Basically put a deposit on a glanza 3 weeks ago, was supposed to pick it up yesterday but the car place im buying it off have said there still waiting for the plates from the dvla. This is what they have said friday and saturday when i checked it was going to be ready and again today. Now i know it passed is mot monday so i would think the docks would have been sent off tuesday......so should they be here by now it will be a week tomorrow...? Or does it normally take longer...?

Im beginig to get quite pissed off now because i put the deposit down 3 weeks ago giving them ages to sort all this and i clearly said i need to pick it up sunday because im selling my car saturday and have the week off work and plan on going away on a little road trip. The car was also going into the boodyshop earlier in the week for a few bits touching up and on friday they said they were picking it up that afternoon now this afternoon when i rung again someone else answered who i dont normally speak to and said its still at the body shop? Making me think they are using the plates thing as an excuse..? They never ring me back i have to keep ringing them....

I wouldnt normally mind but im now stuck at home with no car, no work and nothing to do all day...

Royal Snail always fail mate.

my mums been waiting on bank stuff for about 2 weeks now and still no luck.

On the subject of DVLA.. i never had my SORN sheet from the DVLA and its been sorn for 7 months.. i did it online but i never had a print out as they told me i would :rolleyes:

Depends on the post and when they sent it off and when they get the docs back and when they go get the plates made up and then fit em and then give you a call to say it's ready....you get the idea :rolleyes:

Never had a prob when i registered my skyline. 10 days i think it took.

i called up the national office place and spoke to wifey and asked her to put me through to preston office to see what was happening, but apparently they dont take calls from the public, so she took my details and said they would call me back, yeh right my arse i thought! 10mins later the phone rang and they told me they had been posted today 1st class and should be with the dealer by tomorrow........unless royal mail cock it up as usual!

Royal Snail always fail mate.

my mums been waiting on bank stuff for about 2 weeks now and still no luck.

On the subject of DVLA.. i never had my SORN sheet from the DVLA and its been sorn for 7 months.. i did it online but i never had a print out as they told me i would :)

how long does it say SORN should take? planning on doing it when i get my Glanza

i was supposed to have like a certification to show i have sorned it should i need to show proof etc..

just never had anything in the post after i did it online.

i sorned it the day we got the v5 back with my mums name on it, so should of been sent to me not the previous owner :)