when i put my foot to the floor and get it higher then 4500 rpm i have a miss fire! but only happends if i put my foot straight down! if i accelerate gently then nothing happends! but also will only do it in 3rd, 4th and 5th! any ideas? i have replaced plugs, cap, and rota but still no luck! also it is not putting any codes in the ecu! HELP! :p

what is your vehicle? turbo?

does it feel like you have hit a wall? (i wouldn't know :p but you will know what i mean)

if its a turbo, its fuel cut

according to ecksjay, its common knowledge but apart from my theory, no one had a answer

try fitting a FCD (fuel cut defender) and keep an eye on the boost

if its a turbo it could well be fuel cut, or dodgy leads/plugs, or water in the plugs or something....

DONT go fitting a FCD without first sorting out your fuelling. fuel cut is there for a reason, to protect the engine. if you fit a FCD on its own, you'll be boosting above what the stock ecu can support, meaning the engine will be running lean, which will lead to detonation.

if it is fuel cut, then look into a decent boost controller to adjust it to just under fuel cut until you can install the fuelling mods to support an FCD.

its a turbo and i have the fcd fitted also i have checked the leads! i just cant understand how if i accelerate gently it doesnt happen! its just when i put my foot right down it does! whould the fcd set on the rong setting do much?

sounds like fuel cut then! personaly i wouldn't touch a FCD, it just covers the problem! might as well sort it!

sounds like your getting boost creep, very common in GT's espesh if you've put on a induction kit/de-cat/full system, basicly it's where your lil CT9 turbo(?) is making more boost then the little wastegate can expell, making your boost creep up to fuel-cut.

have a search on TGTT.com, your best bet is to get the wastegate on your CT9 bored out to expell the boost faster so it dosn't creep up to fuel cut, one of ivans fancy downpipes would also help!

also if you have a chat to simon172(or something like that) he overcame his with a small ristricter in the exhaust that didn't effect preformance, if your a bit tight on cash!!

forgot to mention....people seem to think boring the w/g on the CT9 is a bad thing as it's already prone to cracking with heat, but if your think about it if the boost can be expelled faster then the less heat from exhaust/friction so tech. it should reduce the heat to the w/g....just a thought!

he overcame his with a small ristricter in the exhaust that didn't effect preformance, if your a bit tight on cash!! what do you meen by this? also would a uprated wastegate/ actuator work? thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

iu still get a similar problem but only some times in all gears it feals as if the car is missing,

i think its the single lead that goes to the distributer cap, gona have to chin toyota for a new one !!