HID Problems! :@

Hiay folks,

I have recently bought a HID kit for my starlet and the damn things won't fire. Its is for the quad headlights and i have bought the HB3 kit which is correct for the car.

I followed all the instructions correctly and still no joy. So i thought they were broke and tried them in my mates integra and they fire up ok.

Has anybody had this problem and knows how to fix it??

again its the quad headlights im fitting them in and the bulb type is HB3??

Thanks

Slinn

• 3 weeks later...

With mine it was just a simple matter of pluggin 1 of the existing headlight plugs into the female that came with the kit. No other thing needed. 1 Live to the battery. 2 Earths (1 for each bulb). The plug from the existing headlights then acts purely only as a switch, On or off.

Thats how it was for my H4 kit anyway. I dont know if different kits have different ways of being installed, they probably do. I got mine off Ebay £85 delivered and are H4 Hi/lo beam.

there is an easy way to sort it your self i had the same problem when i got the hids for mine to change it to negavily switched see the balist where the plug that comes from the car to the power side that only goes on one way cause there is a lip of metal stoping it going on the other way. flip that round and plug it it and that makes it negativly switched. it worked on mine but ive not had a quad lamp before but ive got a bit of experiance with them so if that dont work gimme a pm and ill try and help.