MOT fails.......

Took my GT for MOT yesterday, failed on numberplates WTF by 3mm. Don't you think this is getting a little bit silly now. Apparently the law changed last October and i have to fit a UK plate on the front and a bigger sqaure qaud one on the back, so not allowed standard motorbike ones now. So i had to get some plates made so the writing was 3mm more than before. How tedious!

Also, i had to cut up my sunstrip that was custom made from Hong Kong :ph34r: failed on bulbs too. All stuff which passed last year. Mental. Suppose thats the law. Oh and he moved my smelly tree as apparently thats an obstruction, and this is a garage where my mate works. Seem to be very thorough these days now.

Cars eh :D

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me, but as you said, I guess the law is the law..

I did however see on a Police programme the other day that they had a massive windscreen mounted camera right in the middle of the windscreen. If your smelly tree is an obstruction, then what the hell is that?

tbh it sounds like a good MOT place, i'd rather go somewhere and get told the truth and know my car is safe then get a slip and 'oh by the way.....'

yeah it's a pain in the ass but seriously, if thats all you fail the MOT on then you should be over the moon!!!!

No. plate - worth getting it changed, should only need one that meets the import requirements, anything else will kick off an ANPR meaning being stopped by the police and the un-lucky situation of VOSA wanting to take a look (trust me there are some horror stories with them).

sunstrip - who cares, just trim it down to fit of get another that's legal, not sure why you'd want something that hinders your vision field when on the road. may be a bit petty but if they didn't put a limit on the size then people would take the piss!

Bulbs - easy, just put the old ones back in for the MOT........again, not worth the hassle of getting pulled over because of funky bulbs and if it's because the wattage is too high then you should of known better :ph34r:

Yeah am pretty chuffed really. Its passed since anyways, got all the stuff sorted yesterday, just means plate on the front is a bit bigger like. I travel a bit to work and always police about so not worth being stopped for summit silly like a number plate. Ah well, all done for another year :ph34r:

Well, thats what my arguement is. They sell those smelly trees everyday, fluffy dice? Tom Tom's all of which is to go on the windscreen? So they sell these, but we get penalised for it. Unreal!

You can't blaim the company that sells them! Its YOU that decides where they go in the car and your fault if they happen to obstruct your view.

You can't blaim the company that sells them! Its YOU that decides where they go in the car and your fault if they happen to obstruct your view.

Fair enough with the magic tree, but TomTom's specifically recommend putting them on the windscreen and have a specific glass sucker.

Speed dosen't kill, Smelly Trees do :lol:

Paddy was driving home from the pub, he saw a tree in the road and swerved to avoid it, after a short distance he saw another tree, and swerved again, he did this several times and a police officer spotted it, so pulled him over. The officer asked if he was drunk, to which Paddy replied "i keep having to swerve from the trees in the road", the officer said "for fucks sake Paddy, thats your airfreshener!"

Paddy was driving home from the pub, he saw a tree in the road and swerved to avoid it, after a short distance he saw another tree, and swerved again, he did this several times and a police officer spotted it, so pulled him over. The officer asked if he was drunk, to which Paddy replied "i keep having to swerve from the trees in the road", the officer said "for fucks sake Paddy, thats your airfreshener!"

Ha ha ha ha thats foooking mint!! I love it :lol:

Im actually really surprised about the tree being a failure, but I suppose if a tiny chip in the windscreen is a fail then so will a tree in the window!

As for the registration plate, I would rather get it changed than get pulled over and fined for it. Cause police are quite tough on them.

But atleast it's passed now! Mine's in 2 weeks! Fingers crossed..