hi all i joined a couple of days ago

thinking off getting a good old jap starlet for me first car

thinking of a 1.3 startlet but the non turbo because of insurance

im not too bad around my jap motors and kinda know a little bit about them as i used to work for japcar4u(dont know if any onces herd of them)

ive been offered a starlet

1998 1.3 90,000 on the clock but it got 4 pot brakes,better discs,adjustable shocks,speedline wheels,short trd shift kit and more,it fucking clean too

the bloke wants £2500

i duno if this is a good price for the milage,ive shoped about on the internet and the basic non turbo starlets seem to bee making a few ££££

if any one can give me some advice please help!!!!

thanks allll

£2500 is indeed very expensive for a non turbo.

You're looking at about £1500 for a good LOW MILAGE one.

With 90k on the clock it's hardly worth a grand let alone two and a half.

Fair enough if the mods are worth a fair bit but at 90k it's seen it's best days and is nearing the end of it's life.

Its not the end of the world bud, shop around for a low mileage example....expect to pay anything from £0-£1500 max for a decent NA(mine was £1200 for a 1 owner 69k 5dr cd model). also 90k is alot its just asking for arebuild depending on servicing and possible high rpm abuse.

welcome to the site mate! :p

now go tell him where to stick his car!

£2500 for a n/a with 90K........ might be worth you having a look on autotrader for some comparison, if it's because it's got a few mods then trust me when i say your better off not buying it from the manager of Halfrauds :p

anyone got a link to this car? would love to see why he thinks it's worth that much!!!!

welcome to the site mate! :p

now go tell him where to stick his car!

£2500 for a n/a with 90K........ might be worth you having a look on autotrader for some comparison, if it's because it's got a few mods then trust me when i say your better off not buying it from the manager of Halfrauds :p

anyone got a link to this car? would love to see why he thinks it's worth that much!!!!

hahahaha halfrauds lol i like that

i used to say that but had to stop as im working there lol

no sorry mate no pictures

Dont think he has a thread, but its a silver sr with the speedlines done anthracite, Hi Spec 4 pot 300mm front discs with rear disc conversion tein coilovers and few other bits and pieces.

Last I heard he was having a 5efhe fitted or something??

• 2 weeks later...

paid 2400 for my mint silver sr a year or so ago.. only had 25k on it though...

i would say 2k is reasonable if it is mint mint! got to remember there was only 125 silver SR's in the world mate :)

edit.. just re read sparky's post.. id say 2.5k is worth it with 5e-fhe and the teins!

id get it for 2k, if its a mint as i think it is its worth that as its totaly sorted suspension, brakes, handling wise was just ripe for some conversion,

if its not mint on the other hand then id offer less,

does he want to brake the car up at all could you ask him??????