Anyone rate these manifolds?

Ive spotted these manifolds on ebay and they actually look pretty good, but has anyone bought or used one? it doesnt say the manufacture of them or where they are made, i am after a manifold for when i change to a hybrid turbo so i can replace the manifold while i do that :p the only thing i would do with it if i did buy one is get my local exhaust builder to slap a gusset in there to give it more support so it doesnt crack, any info would be great, cheers Starlybruiser :p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Starlet-4E-FT...id=p3286.c0.m14

Its made from SUS304.

It'll crack in no time, guaranteed :p

what manifolds are decent and wont crack? i havent really got 250 to shell out on a manifold thats why i picked this cheaper one, what about taking a dremel to the standard one? will this be just as good as an after market manifold? cheers starlybruiser :p .

Hi mate

As said these manifolds will crack. it is only a matter of time. Go ahead and buy, but you will have to replace it fairly soon. Taking a dremel to the standard one is fine, but cast iron expands by around 30% when warm, so this will crack aswell.some people say mild steel is the way forward, again not really as this moves when hot.

you want to save up for a manifold that is made from either SUS 321 or 316, that has been made well, and welded properly. another option is aircraft grade 304, which is expensive but also does the job well.

agreed. i have a mild steel and it has not cracked in about the year its been on the car... fron what ive heard stainless will crack on the welds everytime,

i had this happen with my stainless decat, from what i could see it was fantastic build quality, but after 7 months it had cracked almost all the way around the weld.