Alternator removal help

My car has had trouble starting recently and ive figured out that it seems to be the alternator on its way out. This came to a heads today when it pretty much siezed up and was making the belt squeel like fook. Ive loosened it off, but cant figure out how to get one of the electrical connectors off.

One of them is held on with a nut, easy enough to work out, but the other which is more of an actual plug seems to be impossible to remove :-( does anybody have any idea how to get the fecker off.

Also, where can i pick up an alternator from, is that the kinda thing halfords randomly have or is it a bit obscure for them?

Cheers

MaccyD

Its just the usual kind of connector with a small tab that needs pushed down then wiggle it out, mine was pretty tight too.

I really don't think halfords will have any alternators either, you could try camskill, get one straight from toyota (prob cost a bomb) or get one off a breaker.:)

halfords will anal you for it if they stock them just get it reconditioned form a local place

they replace the carbon bushes etc

the connector WILL have a clipy thing which you push in im sure of it.

i know it should, but ive felt all around it and just cant feel anything, and because of its location i just cant get a good look at it. If anyone has a picture of it off the car that would be a massive help. im not sure if im missing something obvious too, maybe im supposed to remove the plastic cover thing? It looks like the plug has been podged onto it. So bloody frustrating.