hi last week. i believe i fcukd a piston or 2( not clarified yet ). also my turbo isnt too healthy. just wondering if it is worth getting forged pistons and new conrods.while the work is getting done. dont want to buy much unneeded stuff but what else might i benifit getting now rather than at a later date?(cams,valve springs etc....).

also will a hybrid turbo still be a good move after i go for forged pistons and conrods?

hope this makes sense :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

get whatever you can afford mate.. dont bother with valve springs unless your reving the car harder than standard..and cams are going to cost you alot for decent ones..

hybrid will be fine with forgies but you can run hybrid to its max on a standard engine.. save the money on the hybrid and go for a td04 or similar or upwards.. will be more cost effective for the future mate.

with what yoursaying if your going to the process of forging you should not really do it in halves,

also its good to establish a power goal your after then decide what turbo is best to get you there if you know what i mean,

@ fishy im developing a hybrid ct12 thats capable of 1.4-5 bar so you would need forgies for that dude

with what yoursaying if your going to the process of forging you should not really do it in halves,

also its good to establish a power goal your after then decide what turbo is best to get you there if you know what i mean,

@ fishy im developing a hybrid ct12 thats capable of 1.4-5 bar so you would need forgies for that dude

is it simalar to the ct12 hybrid i mentioned i was designing enzo? if so pm me as we can discuss ideas mate

i dont remember you mentioning a ct12 to me dude, just said you were after desuinging a newer hybrid with better top end,

no i did spill the beans and tell you what it was about in that pm if i remember correctly,

well ive had one on and full boost is had by 2850, and get 5psi by 2100.

it does need to be externaly gated though but in my eyes this is the daddy ct9 hybrid of all hybrids

no i mentioned one using a certain ct12 comp cover with a bigger inlet used with ct9 hot end.

is compression surge not a problem with full boost so early and a bigger volume of air being compressed than a stock ct9? been doing a bit of reseach and learnt a few things but need to know how it relates on a 4efte. with no compressor maps for the ct9 it makes things kinda difficult

sorry to hijack thread mate

thsi im not sure of dude, im only going on the testers coments, as far as hes concerned it spools alot quicker than the gt spec but it needs be externaly gated, ive still to find the right external gate for mine,

once on il spill the beans on spec il let you know bro