My suspension set up

The time has come for me to purchase coilovers. Im not sure what to go for but i want something that will keep my car 40 mil lowered handles real good on the road in wee races and no bumpy rides, i was thinken of tein 1 or 2 people i kno have these and also have them in yaris's and havent found probs with them.

what ya's advise? Neeed all help i can get

And wots the deal with top mounts are they necessary?

This second question may seem stupid but do strut bars and say 16 inch wheels help the life of a suspension longer rather than having 15's and no strut bars. I kno strut bars are for like stability n ridigity n better handling etc etc

please help

Bilal

before shellin out on coilys you would benefit alot more from a rear arb/bushes/ antilift/castor kit and panhard rod..

i dont think adjustable top mounts are necisary but most decent coilys already have them

all of these items can be baught and installed for a few hundred pounds..

strut braces generaly stiffen up the shell and keep the tracking straight and true so the suspension can work at its optimum setting...

i can sell you bushes and anti lift/castor kit fairly soon.. hopefully

the bushes are usualy made of rubber and sort of dampen all moving parts from eash other..

u usualy find that wrc cars get rid of all bushes for the most direct feal possible

standard car bushes can wear after a while loosing their form..

polyurethane bushes which ill be using are alot more robust and made of a stronger harder mateiral..

using a stornger matierial might make the handling alttile more harder but it has a knock on effect of sharpening it up...

the anti lift kit/castor kit increases castor.. the angle at which the wheel points up.. general to a point the more castor the better...this increase the stearing feal leaps and bounds

the anti lift propertys come from moving the rear control arm out....

its abit gobldy gook to explain but it works very effectivly and reliably

to Si the

rear arb stands for Rear Anti Roll bar or sway bar

i have aproached powerflex to make me a batch of bushes that was mega pricey..

just need to sort out packaging issues aswell as some other components

the bushes are usualy made of rubber and sort of dampen all moving parts from eash other..

you usualy find that wrc cars get rid of all bushes for the most direct feal possible

standard car bushes can wear after a while loosing their form..

polyurethane bushes which ill be using are alot more robust and made of a stronger harder mateiral..

using a stornger matierial might make the handling alttile more harder but it has a knock on effect of sharpening it up...

the anti lift kit/castor kit increases castor.. the angle at which the wheel points up.. general to a point the more castor the better...this increase the stearing feal leaps and bounds

the anti lift propertys come from  moving the rear control arm out....

its abit gobldy gook to explain but it works very effectivly and reliably

to Si the

rear arb stands for Rear Anti Roll bar or sway bar

i have aproached powerflex to make me a batch of bushes that was mega pricey..

just need to sort out packaging issues aswell as some other components

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are aftermarket bushes made of nolathane or polyurethane? either way they are very tough and have different flex ratings depending on which component they are on... The best brand to use is Super-Pro Bushes, whiteline get all their bushes from them except get it in yellow instead of blue.

As enzo said, get the anti lift kit/castor kit, its a must... so is the rear sway bar...

Regards,

Ivan