sorry im new to all this guys so go easy :-)

my starlet currently has a cat-back on it and a blitz sus induction kit...

Im looking to up the boost using a toy town or hks actuator.

Im wondering what the safest boost levels are on the stock fuel pump & intercooler...

before and after FMIC....

So in english what can i turn the boost up to safely on the stock intercooler....

then what is the higest i can turn it upto on a fmic....

Cheers guys!

Matt.

standard boost is 06 high and 0.4 low i think off the top of my head, fuel cut is around 0.85 you can wind your actuator up to around 0.8 no problem but take into consideration in this cold weather you may get boost creep and hit fuel cut.

you cant go any higher than the factory fuel cut level unless you get a FCD (fuel cut defender) but then you will also need a RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator) and get it on a RR to make sure it fueling ok, if you dont do this and just fit a FCD you can run your car lean and bugger the pistons!

just turning up the boost wont give you loads more power unless you have the supporting mods to accompany it, otherwise you will just run into problems.

hope this helps.

I would highly recommend you change the manifold before taking the boost any higher. I changed mine recently and the restriction on the standard one is stupid. The 3rd piston especially would easily blow in a matter of months.

Bourkey

I would highly recommend you change the manifold before taking the boost any higher. I changed mine recently and the restriction on the standard one is stupid. The 3rd piston especially would easily blow in a matter of months.

Bourkey

Good advice to change the manifold but the third piston wouldn't blow in a matter of months! I ran 1.2bar on old ct9 standard mani etc for 2years before turbo seals went the manifold cracked all the way through the third runner and was irrepairable. I had the TD04 etc though so didn't matter (Also I don't thrash my car everyday) and the engine is in great condition I compression tested it and 170 all round.

Advice is when raising the boost change the manifold 1st get a decat which makes response much better and then follow guidelines above fcd rrfpr boost control and setup on rolling road.

I am running a standard EP91 turbo running along with standard boost, decat system stainless backbox.

My question is when i change to a better manifold (off someone who does them on here, stainless) will i end up busting pistons?

I want to get a stainless steel mani (off someone who does them on here).

I am running a standard EP91 turbo running along with standard boost, decat system stainless backbox.

My question is when i do change to a manifold (off someone who does them on here, stainless) will i end up busting pistons?

No it will be better for the engine because its less restrictive so there won't be the same heat build up.