basically when the car hits 4000 revs, when driving, its revvs really quickly and jumps to 7000rpm, but feels as if the car is not gaining speed, usually around 80mph. The the revvs jump all the way between 5 to 6 then to 7000 Revs! but the car didnt gain any speed! i then slowed right down, then took it back upto 80 and onto 90, without that problem, however, later on, it started happening again.

Basically, when driving, the car revvs feels weird after about 3k, and onto 4000rpm and after that, like the car is in neutral and my foot is on the accelarator. The gears arent popping which i thought it was at first.

hope you understand what i mean!

I'm not 100% sure but:

At low revs/low boost the engine isn't making enough power to make the clutch slip, but as the power comes in at higher revs it slips

something along those lines I should imagine

I had similar symptoms when i carried a service on my Glanza replacing:

Oil

Oil filter

Rotor arm

Dizzy cap

HT leads

Spark plugs.

Straight after the service took the motor for a quick spin, revs were going up before the speed & car wasnâ??t moving.

Got worried so went home connected the boost solenoid back to how its supposed to be (had it by passed)

Reset the ECU & everything is working ok touch wood.

Very scary when this happens as the clutch is the culprit.

Definately sounds like a slipping clutch mate. It will probably start slipping when the turbo starts spooling due to more speed and more revs asked for. I went for the CAP paddle clutch from USA. Only about £110.Hope you get it sorted mate.

Joe

thats normal mate the car was probs cold thats why, my N/A jumps to 2k after 5days of standing there n then falls to 750-1k when its warmed up at halfway.

as for the heater its just compensating for the extra power drain as it were....just wait till cars nice n warm before you drive off or take it nice n easy till it warms up :lol:

same effect when you have your headlights on n put the heaters on full...the headlights will flicker, or when you pull both elc windows up together you notice the dash lights dim ever so slightly......think its just the poor earthing in the ep`s which causes it.

An earthing kit should sort it if ya really worried :p

Revs suddenly rising when the engine is under load is more often than not, due to a dead or dying clutch.It will only get worse so get it sorted before it finally gives up completely.

Go for a clutch thats rated for the power youre looking to handle, dont spunk money on a paddle if you dont need it, you'll only regret trying to drive it and the waste of cash.

Think about what youre using the car for, trackdays, drag , fast road, daily commuting etc.