Red Ring of death

Mine did that last week. its my 3rd in 1 1/2 year. Xbox live hasnt worked for 6 months, i had my account hacked and £340 stolen, then this happened 2 days after i got my money back.

Keep delaying sending it off though. I keep the receipt safe all the time though

would rather the ring of death then the shoddy gameplay and poor graphics of a PS3 :blink:

:(

I have always been a die hard Playstation fan but after having the xbox360 & playing on my mates PS3 i much stay where i am.

Respect to both but its each to their own hey.

wrap it in damp cold towels. Its when the processor is overheating as the thermal compound on it has worn away, the cold towels will keep it cool, however, microsoft will just replace the thermal compound. You could just do it yourself and save alot of time.

wrap it in damp cold towels. Its when the processor is overheating as the thermal compound on it has worn away, the cold towels will keep it cool, however, microsoft will just replace the thermal compound. You could just do it yourself and save alot of time.

No, thats not what you do. Wrapping it in towels prevents the airflow throughout the case, how will being damp help? do you know anything about electricity, and how water isn't exactly it's best friend? :(

There is a method of wrapping it in towels whilst turned on, which obviously makes it go rediculously hot, basically overheats it, then after about 15mins you unwrap it, leave it on to let it cool down, reboot it and apparently it'll sometimes work, but its very much a temporary fix. Damp towels will not cool it down if wrapped around it, thats absolutely rediculous, hahahaha. I'm saving that, i hope to god it was a joke ^^;

mine RROD'd last week and has been sent off for repair, i'll sell it when i get it back as im buying an xbox360 elite in the meantime as i cant be bothered to wait, plus i'm getting it for £130 brand new so it wont actually cost me much to do :blink:

Mine was just over its year warranty, went back fine as its covered by the 3year one anyways.

mine RROD'd last week and has been sent off for repair, i'll sell it when i get it back as im buying an xbox360 elite in the meantime as i cant be bothered to wait, plus i'm getting it for £130 brand new so it wont actually cost me much to do :blink:

Mine was just over its year warranty, went back fine as its covered by the 3year one anyways.

Ive sent for the box to package my 360 today. I've also fixed my laptop so its good as new, just restored to factory condition. My fingerprint reader to sign into windows with works now w00t!

And i will be able to connect to Xbox Live again when it comes back