i cant see why any intercooler will do to be honest, they all do the same job its just a case of making them fit, hence y people pay more for custom made car specific ones.

get a custom made one from fensport, ebay etc but then you will have to measure up the hardpipes and purchase the right degree bends of hosing and clips etc to make it all fit. you'll also need to fabricate the brackets to hang the intercooler too. it will work out costly and time consuming if you dont have access to a pipe bender etc.

If you purchase one specifically made for your car itll be a direct bolt on job, plus depending on what type you get (fmic, charge cooler,top mount) you should get all thats needed in the kit. ie: blitz , arc , pace are also making a prototype chargecooler that is a topmount intercooler so you use your original hoses, but it has the water charge blocks either side where the water feeds run into.

It all depends how eperimental your feeling, how much knowledge you have of custom making pipework and the BHP your aiming at..

I would say if your not going planning to go over the 200bhp mark, a charge cooler either front mounted or topmounted would be spot on.

200bhp+ would benefit greatly from a front mounted intercooler.

and if your jus planning to fit minor mods and keep it just about standard then the original topmount would be sufficient.

badaping! :rolleyes:

theres a very good sized front mount fitted to turbo saab 9000's,the big barge saloon. a cheap source of a dump valve aswell. dont know if the intercooler can be made to fit a starlet but the dump valve can be used though.

well in all honesty,,,,all intercoolers are not the same........some are more efficient and effective at what they do...........having said that, a number of OEM intercooler have been used by ep82/91.....VR4, BMW, EVO, GTIR, Starion (very good size for the starlet/glanza), etc

i would say the ideal size should be around 24"*8"*2.5" and these are overall dimensions...anything bigger and some cutting may have to be done........the starion has an intercooler with approximately these measurements and flows well....from what i've heard