toysport manifold

just bought the a cheapo toysport manifold off of ebay for a mate with the intention fo bracing it up to fuck, as it only cost £90 quid

to my surprise when the manifold arrived though the post it was already pre braced, does anyone have experience with these manifolds

Looks identical to the other bargain stainless manifold shitters.

The brace will crack where it meets the turbo flange no doubt.

If you REALLY intend on running a ct9 stainless manifold, i personally would brace each seperate runner to the head flange, and maybe rethink the tiny brace holding the cone to the turbo flange.

Obviously the standard item will last longer with a braced downpipe but regardless of the downpipe being braced or not, it will crack.

Only thing you can do is add to it, and help the strength of it.

Also heat wrapping will help it from cracking, as stainless usually cracks because of the heating up/cooling down process rather than the weight sitting on it.

So even though it looks shiny :) a properly heat wrapped stainless manifold will last longer.Just make sure you dont leave any spots unwrapped as the heat will escape from it and damage the weld/metal and create a weak spot :lol:

Craig

• 5 months later...
just bought the a cheapo toysport manifold off of ebay for a mate with the intention fo bracing it up to fuck, as it only cost £90 quid

to my surprise when the manifold arrived though the post it was already pre braced, does anyone have experience with these manifolds

hi i have got one of these and i have not had a problem yet only been on for about a mouth but i have showed this to a few friends and my dad who has degrees metal and fabrication and welding and they all say that it is surprisingly well made and the brace should be fine. the weld look good well the did on mine the only thing i would say is it would be better if they had smoothed the welds on the inside you would probably get a little better flow