ABS issue...

Always thought my brakes were crap, kept doing things I didnt quite understand, then today i think ive realised it must be the abs...

Under heavy breaking if i go over a bump even if its just a small one i feel the brake pedal go down further. Like i push the brake pedal as far as it will go, then when i go over a bump, it goes a little bit further. After it does this the brake pedal has a little bit more travel than it did before going over the bump. So gradually over a few months i loose all pedal feel and have to bleed the brakes.

I always though this was just me being harsh on the brakes and with the car being so stiff (trd coilovers) it was causing the calipers to loose tension or some shit when hitting bumps.

Then it happened again today when i was pulling up at the side of the road so not going fast or braking heavy, was a bit confused, i got out and noticed id pulled up onto lots of soggy slippy wet leaves. Then it clicked abs...when i go over a bump pressure on the wheel changes causing abs to kick in....must be, right?

Does anyone else have this type of issue....can the abs be turned off/removed/improved? It can be quite scary when braking heavy and going over a bump because i can feel the brakes slack off. I would image it would be fine on a car with standard suspension as that would absorb most of the bumps where as coilovers dont. It also pisses me off having to bleed the brakes every few month.

Fully standard brakes with a cusco BMCS.

Cheers

The abs light will probably come up on the dash but thats all. My abs used to not work but randomly started working a month ago and I didn't enjoy it trying to slow me on an icy road, I may aswell not even brake on an icy road because the abs doesn't let the car slow down at all.

• 2 weeks later...