Ok, my mind is finally made up.

When i get the money from my insurance claim (which should be soon), I'm getting a 1.5 Yaris T Sport (99-05). Ive asked people and ive heard they handle great and have some poke. The prices look pretty good, as ive seen them going for less than 4k.

I've just done a insurance quote and couldn't believe my eyes.

Collingwood Insurance

£980 thats £80 a month with £127 deposit

£250 Excess

Fully Comp on a 5 Month Provisional Licence.

Didn't lie at any point, i usually do quotes saying its parked in a garage when it isnt, i put this down as parked on the drive.

Doubt it'll stay the same price when i pass my test, but ive still had decent quotes for around the 2k mark

Just got back from picking up my auntie's new car which is a Yaris... not bad at all actually, I wasn't driving but it seems to handle well and isn't too slow for a 1 liter either. So I'd imagine the T Sport is fucking great.

there little toys....no potential imho never heard anything big going on with a yaris apart from someone nicking a fte lump frm the Ep guys and planting it in....or some exterior styling :p

a Yaris to me is alot more of a solid car than the EP. Ive read they stick to the ground like fuck.

I want a car that is good around the twisties, which the starlet, even with a lot of handling mods will never match up to a 2000 onwards hot hatch

1 litre yaris's are ridiculous with more than one person in, i had to participate in a driver awareness course a few months back and with me and 3 other guys in the car, we quite literally could not make it up the hill, i had a truck behind me beeping the horn, bearing in mind i was doing 40mph in 4th at the point of incline, then down to third then to second then by the time we were doing ten miles per hour i had to pull over and let the lorry past and then slug up the hill in first.