Hi all, are the GT engines the same power and torque wise as the glanza? and also do they have the same shape ect and engine mounts, and gear box, turbo ect ect.

reason being, i may just bang in a fte, and want to know if i need the engine out of the glanza or if it would be ok to use the GT's.

one more thing, would i have trouble getting a gt ecu and loom to work with a starlet? or wud i need the ecu and loom from a glanza?

Cheers

Jay

They are the same engines, except the Glanza has one more fin on the turbo. (To make up for it's slight increase in weight over the GT).

You can use either loom AFAIK.

what does AFAIK mean?!

so do they have same mounting points then? also would i need a gt exhaust or will a glanza full exhaust fit straight onto a gt?

one more thing, would a starlet gearbox fit a GT engine?

Cheers

Jay

engines, gearbox, mounting points are the same, ecu's are different only by some pins but that is the only difference.

nice one,

are the induction pipes routed the same way? just checkin cuz i wud need a fm or tm ic and wanna know if i need a glanza or GT one. sorry for sounding like such a noob everyone i just have never looked into turboing my starlet before!!

would i need a a new radiator or would the original starlet one be fine?

Anything else i need to know about it or things i may struggle with?

What about dials? will the 82 loom fit into a 91 glanza dial cluster?

Has anyone on here used an EP82 engine and ecu ect in there starlet?

Cheers

Jay