two new features added to the forum

ok ive added a couple of new features to the forum, the first one is more convenience more than anything,

its a shoutbox similar to all the other forum chat systems, basicaly its a quicker way of chatting on certain subjects rather than the slow process of receiving and replying to private messages, so if you guys are needing a quicker way of communicating or just want to have a blether on something its there for you

the second feature is particularly usefull to posters that post up a question and get no replies,

i usualy put this down to users not seing the unsnswered topic in hand, especialy as sections like the technical section is so vast to check every subforum,

every time i checked it id always fine a score of unanswered technical quesitons, so this is a solution to these threds that get lost

this mod will draw in all the data and display it in the same manor as the view new posts feature except every post will be unanswered,

unansweredtopics.jpg

im hoping the more experienced/ helpfull members will come to use this feature frequently to help others.

and to view the shoutbox just navigate to the portal page and its in the bottom right corner here

sweet guys, still abit of fine tuning on this unanswered topics, think i might just get it to pull data from the technical section as there are loads in there due to it being such a massive section

Nice additions Geo on the shoutbox and unanswered topics mods.

The unanswered topics one will certainly improve response times and awareness.

I find all of the unanswered topics are useful and relevant (i.e. not just the technical ones), if its possible to have one button for general and everthing else unanswered, and one button purely for unanswered technical threads?

Just that way NOTHING gets missed out. Just an idea of dual filtering bud, if it aint possible or not to your liking dont worry bout it. Just an idea.

If two buttons appeared up there it would be a bit cluttered, so it may be best to leave it as is, then everybodys happy? Unless you could get a technical button to appear only when you enter EP Technical? Good luck with your tinkering bud, just food for thought :blink:

Peace

Joz