hello all....

i have recently bought a completley standard ep91. its in purple and is in fantasic condition....

all i want to no from all you experianced users is all the simple mods you can do.... im hopefully going to put some money into it but need to get finaces sorted out first.....after christmas i should have funds available....untill then i wonder if anyone has any tips for me to make it look a lot better.....or even better if anyone has any parts for sale !!!

cheers.....if people help ill keep a picture diary and will have a little project :lol:

In my opinion, starting off with these mods makes a good transformation..

Clear lenses

Reflet or Glanza rear lenses (either early or late spec)

Lowering

Rims

Spoiler (sportif or TTE spoiler)

And some sort of exhaust to finish off the subtle look

But I guess it depends how extreme you want to go.

Welcome to the club! Also theres a meet in Huddersfield (dont think its too far from barnsley)this sunday that your more than welcome to come to, should be a few n/a's there to give you a idea what you can do to them :lol:

Matt

Welcome to UKSC.

If you want a bit more punch out of the little Starlet, you should get an inlet manifold from the Toyota Corolla, an air filter with a good amount of cold air getting to it (the setup of this is important), or alternatively you could use an uprated panel filter in the standard airbox. As for the exhaust side, I have not actually tried any of this (yet) but a 1 and 3 quarter or 2 inch exhaust system would be fine, aswell as the possibility of a better exhaust manifold. (These are just the basic and relatively easy modifications).

But, first you should give the engine a flush, some fresh oil and new filter, change the spark plugs (NGK Iridiums or similar) spark plug leads, rotor arm, and distributor cap; this will bring the engine back to how it should be, and will give better fuel economy and performance over worn out old parts.

I don't know how many miles are on your engine but you might want to get some belts changed just to be on the safe side.

There are loads of mods you can do on the handling side of things too.

The Technical section and the Wiki Resource have a lot of information, remember to use the search button as many questions have already been answered, I'm sure you'll find plenty of interesting info to read on here. :lol:

Welcome bud....as said above mate ^^^ may consider taking the bump strips off...check/renew your coolant (a must lol just have a look outside)....i dont want to put you off but some parts listed are hard to get hold of due to the age of our cars im still gathering bits together and i`ve had mine since may but you have come to the right place friend have a look round enjoy your time here :lol:

as im skipping ahead i apologise if some parts on this list have been mentioned. but they key to a lovely n/a would be :

Corolla Inlet Manifold

TTE rear spoiler

lowering

TTE Wheels

TTE Exhaust

clear indicator lenses

crystal headlights

late spec glanza rear clusters

and thats all i can think of for the moment, but something smooth and subtle, the OTT approach isnt a good one for the poor little Starlet. They end up looking like corsa's with OTT bodykits.

And welcome to the site :lol:

Welcome along :lol:

Most of the best mods to make a nice subtle looking Starlet has been mentioned above :(

Removing the badges and horrid bump strips makes a nice difference and is free!! Just takes alot of time to remove the glue left over unless you have access to a electric buffer :lol:

But that, along with clear indicators, a nice set of 15" wheels and lowered 40mm is a very good start :lol:

• 2 weeks later...