They are easy to fit alrite, but injectors alone will not increase BHP. If you put 330cc injectors on a stock or mild tuned starlet without an uprated ecu is a crued way of upping the fuel, as is a fuel regulator kit. It would be best to get some kind of engine managment if you want to change injectors, so as to get the fuel where it needs to be and not just running rich all the time. You will not need 550cc injectors as that will be overkill. What is your current set up and what power are you hoping for?

its fairly standard at the moment, but im hoping to get in excess of 250 hp im new to the turbo scene so just researching things at the moment, I've already bought shit loads for it, nothing to do with power yet. im taking the aircon out on friday to lighten it abit.

Things I've been looking at is, FMIC, greddy rad, Jam mani with blitz decat, lightened pullys, 8.5 leads hks sparky plugs, apexi filter hks fuel rail, RRPR, apexi boost contoller, Greddy piggyback ecu. thats it for now.

then possibly think of getting the engine forged with loadsa cruise parts.

Then NOS hahaha

wot yaa fink so far? any other ideas

They are easy to fit alrite, but injectors alone will not increase BHP. If you put 330cc injectors on a stock or mild tuned starlet without an uprated ecu is a crued way of upping the fuel, as is a fuel regulator kit. It would be best to get some kind of engine managment if you want to change injectors, so as to get the fuel where it needs to be and not just running rich all the time. You will not need 550cc injectors as that will be overkill. What is your current set up and what power are you hoping for?

Sorry to Hijack but I have a quiery. Can you explain why adding larger injectors over stock ones will make you run rich mate? From what I've read about Ecus, stock and performance ones, they read your afr from the lambda sensor and adjust the injector duty accordingly to attain the target air fuel ratio set by the map. So even if you added 400+cc injectors, you shouldnt run any leaner or richer than with the standard 295cc injectors, the ecu will just dial down the duty so that it doesnt run rich.

Injectors from what I can see make no difference to performance directly, but larger ones can be installed to allow increased fueling to be utilised and thus support more boost.

Can someone please explain if this is not right?

Cheers,

Alex

its fairly standard at the moment, but im hoping to get in excess of 250 hp im new to the turbo scene so just researching things at the moment, I've already bought shit loads for it, nothing to do with power yet. im taking the aircon out on friday to lighten it abit.

Things I've been looking at is, FMIC, greddy rad, Jam mani with blitz decat, lightened pullys, 8.5 leads hks sparky plugs, apexi filter hks fuel rail, RRPR, apexi boost contoller, Greddy piggyback ecu. thats it for now.

then possibly think of getting the engine forged with loadsa cruise parts.

Then NOS hahaha

wot yaa fink so far? any other ideas

Sounds like you're on to a good start mate. Lightened pulleys, greddy radiator and hks fuel rail an unessecary expense for 250hp, there are much more important things you can focus on, but the rest is a good plan. To attain 250 your gonna be looking down the TD04/TD05 route, or any other similar alternative. Also, your gonna need to forge the internals to support that level of bhp, even with a perfect tune you'd be pushing past the limits of a standard 4e, but I'm not saying its impossible :)

Also, be prepared to either go through a load of blood sweat and tears if you're doing it all yourself or have your wallet raped B) . Well thats what I've found with mine! Will be worth it though.

cheers bud,I've just had my other engine delivered this morning. just bought forged pistons and cons, its going to get bored and chemicaly cleaned. also had a custom inlet manifold made. gotta look into the turbo kit now. not sure what im looking for.

do you know of any uprated cams?? and which are the best??

i was planning on getting in excess of 250bhp, but now im thinking in excess of 350!!!