ok yesterday i wired up my rpm gauge into the diognostic socket.... before yesterday the rest of the gauge had already bin wired up for bout 5 months. so anyway i took the car for a spin but the guuge seems awfully stiff like theres lag or somet it revs up but when i let off the guage takes ages to come down again, i thought it was the gauge but when i first turn the ignition on. the gauge lights up and goes all the way to the top then to 0 and flows like normal but when the cars started and i rev it it seems like its in slow motion, the only thing i can think of is i used 8amp wire to wire it into the diognostic socket thats about 2mm thick. the standard guge wire is tiny and reli thin could the wire be too thick???

sorry if its abit vauge

thanks Dean :o

Where have you got the power and other wires going to?

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=16420 might help but maybe not

If you need wire just go to maplin you can get it for like 70p a meter or something like that.

how thick was the wire that you run to the diognostic socket, thats the only thing i can think of?

Got the same thing happening as you mate, the whole lag type thing, it dont bother me that much as i have the normal rev in the cluster. My gauge is a 52mm gauge and i did think it probably looks laggy because its so much smaller that the normal tach but now you mentioned it maybe its not that. Mine is wired from the diagnostics too. Im not too fussed as i only put the rev in till i get the sandwich plate for the oil sorted then ill take it back out. If you sort it let me know...

i love the gauge for the money its really well lit up too quite similar to the defi...

i think im going to change the thickness of the wire because i used 8 amp wire and its 2.7mm thick alot thicker than the standard wires..? if that fails im gonna try wiring it to the distributer king lead box, if anyone figures it out before me please let me know :o