coilover conversion

hey guys i wanna try this but what has me is in this tutorial it says to emty the shock my problem is what do i fill it back with ?

http://www.mirafiori.com/~courtney/128/tech/coilover.html

and also if im using a set of KYB GR2`s can you successfully emty them and fill them back if yes how do i go about doint this.

now i no most of the guys out ther would say just get a set of cusco or trd coil overs but im not intrested in that it would be really to see the results of a DIY set up so it all about the exprience here

thanks guys

A suitable fluid for shock absorbers, usually a type of oil i think. Ask a place that rebuilds shocks.

I really think you are wasting your time unless you are very handy with machining your own parts, seals and have a suitably clean area to assemble them. One lil bit of grit in there and your fucked.

• 3 weeks later...

Er...1 word really sums that up.

NO

Feel free to try it and kill youre self, i have a whole ton of JB WELD if you want to use that, for welding the struts.. :lol:

Leave it to the pros to make.I really dont suggest cutting and welding 2 pieces of different dampers together, that would be extremely..Dodgy?

Youll end up with different rates on each corner, different pre loads etc where you havent got them PERFECT. forget it bud and spend a few hundred on some proper ones.