Anyone had any experience with a volvo?

Just wondering if maybe some of you guys have had any sort of experience with a Volvo V40 estate?

Im seriously thinking about buying one to use for college/work/camping trips..etc

Im looking at the ones with the 1600cc engine not the 1.8 ones as they will be daft too run/insure at 19

Just wondering has anyone owned one before and are they any good?

Much appreciated, cheers,

Rhys.

It's not going to be 1.0l micra slow but it isn't going to be a rocket either. They are pretty solid cars and i've not heard of them being unrealiable. For some reason they just keep going.

Bourkey

My mum and dad have one and they let me drive it from time to time. It is a very solid and comfortable car, but for a 1.6 16v it is painfully underpowered to pull the weight of an estate volvo, thus it is very hard on petrol.

We've never had any trouble with ours, its a 2001 with 40,000 and goes like clockwork, my mum drives it to work every day and it is very reliable, but if you're after a workhorse you're better getting the 2.0D one, I suspect (but do not know) that it would be alot more economical than its 1600 counterpart.

Hope this helps,

Wee_Watsi

Yeah the 2.0TD was another option infact, i should have wrote it down.

i wondered how slow it would be, pretty slow i suspect

It's an izuzu engine sounds like a bag of spanners but i've seen em with well over 200k on the clock and still going like new. :(

They are built like tanks, very safe and strong. You dont crash into things with em...you go through em!! :p