Heating Issues...

on ya dials, ul have half cold, half warm, wen you turn it from cold to warm, it flicks a switch that converts the air to hot, either its broke, the fuse may be broke or could be something serious.

have you tried running the car for 10mins without putting the heating on, then after its warmed up switching the heating on??

Whats the temp gauge like? could be a blockage in the system coolant condition?....it can only be the dials if you turn them and you dont hear the noise of it switching + dont feel it diverting air.

Seems like the best thing to do first....i`d replace the thremostat while your there (cheap as chips and saves headache later if other problems arise).

Flush everything rad,coolant reserve,hoses the lot....then top up with decent coolant.

Good luck let us know how you get on i `ve got that to do aswell not in a hurry mine likes to burn my face off when its at temp :)

cheers for the help guys. drove home tonight from work. and the temp. guage ROCKETED! so just going to check it over and put some new coolant etc in...

will that POSSIBLY solve the problem of my heaters being too cold? and how much is a thermostat goin to cost me? big job etc?

cheers

Luke

OK, so i totally flushed the radiator out, and refilled it with good coolant etc. and it got SLIGHTLY warmer. so now when i'm driving to work on those shitty mornings... i can see the bottom 2 inches clearly, everything else is covered in "mist"... any other ideas? I'm not sure whether it would be the thermostat... because it does seem to be pouring some hot air out... just not enough??

• 1 month later...