Paypal Scam

Hi Guys,

just though I would make you all aware the is an email being sent around trying to get peoples paypal details.

The sender of the email is; "support" <srvs@ppls-inc.com>

The subject of the email is; Receipt for your donation to war.of.races@hotmail.com

the emails goes;

email_logo.gif pixel.gifpixel.gif

Dear Customer,

This email confirms that you have donated $950.00 USD to war.of.races@hotmail.com (war.of.races@hotmail.com) using PayPal.

Donation Details Confirmation number: pixel.gif 5CP72425UF888960E Donation amount: pixel.gif $950.00 USD Total: pixel.gif $950.00 USD Purpose: pixel.gif Help keeping server alive(USD)

pixel.gif

Recipient information Donations coordinator: pixel.gif war.of.races@hotmail.com

CANCEL THE DONATION

Sincerely,

PayPal

FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS ONLY Rate of Exchange: The above exchange rate includes a 2.5% spread above the wholesale exchange rate at which PayPal obtains foreign currency, and the spread is retained by PayPal. If and when the Recipient chooses to withdraw these funds from the PayPal System, and if the withdrawal involves a currency conversion, the Recipient will convert the funds at the applicable currency exchange rate at the time of the withdrawal, and the Recipient may incur a withdrawal fee.

RIGHT TO REFUND

You, the customer, are entitled to a refund of the money to be transmitted as a result of this agreement if PayPal does not forward the money received from you within 10 days of the date of its receipt, or does not give instructions committing an equivalent If you want a refund, you must mail or deliver your written request to PayPal at P.O. Box 45950, Omaha, NE 68145-0950. If you do not receive your refund, you may be entitled to your money back plus a penalty of up to $1,000.00 USD and attorney's fees pursuant to Section 1810.5 of the California Financial Code.

Important Note: The Right to Refund claim process applies only to payments that have not been successfully transmitted to the recipient. With PayPal, almost all payments are transmitted to the recipient immediately, except for eCheck payments, and payments to non-PayPal members.

Please do not file a Right to Refund claim if your payment has already been completed. If you have problems with a completed payment or need assistance with settling a dispute with a seller, go to PayPal's Resolution Center by logging into your account and clicking the Resolution Center sub tab located at the top center of the Account Overview page.You can also click the Help link at the top right of any PayPal page to look up more information about the Resolution Center and filing complaints.

MA residents only: PayPal holds a Foreign Transmittal Agency license in the State of Massachusetts - License Number FT3345. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences.

PayPal Email ID PP1303

Do not click the link which says cancel the donation..it links to limitedaccount.fnhost.org/index1.html rather than the usual paypal site.

This then forwards you to..http://0x42.0x54.0x12.0xd5/~info/cgi-bin/webscr.php?cmd=_login-run

This looks like the usual paypal site with all the logon box n stuff but do not put you details in..as it will just send them to the twat hows running the scam :rolleyes: .

Be Careful Guys

Tried it out of curiosity, Firefox came up 'suspected web forgery! This page has been reported as a web forgery designed to trick user into sharing personal information or financial information!

With a 'get me out of here! ' Link

No wonder i use Firefox, mind you don't have much choice with using Linux , but my old laptop uses Windows 2000, but i still use Firefox.

I take it some of you guys still use IE.

Its a piss take, i got one last week some point, should have posted it really..

Did you forward it on the spoof@paypal address for these type of emails...

Thanks for the head up :rolleyes:

Sam

I got the same ^^

firefox = don :D

i switched over when IE kept freezing and refusing to close down at times :rolleyes:

Firefox FTW

Its a piss take, i got one last week some point, should have posted it really..

Did you forward it on the spoof@paypal address for these type of emails...

Thanks for the head up :lol:

Sam

No not forwarded it yet..gona do it when i get home :lol:

Tried it out of curiosity, Firefox came up 'suspected web forgery! This page has been reported as a web forgery designed to trick user into sharing personal information or financial information!

With a 'get me out of here! ' Link

No wonder i use Firefox, mind you don't have much choice with using Linux , but my old laptop uses Windows 2000, but i still use Firefox.

I take it some of you guys still use IE.

Myn did this after about half hour of getting the email..it didnt at first though.

Looks like firefox users are safe now then :lol: