hi all

on stock internals, with a Tong Turbo hybrid, and running one of them JAM/BLITZ/ZEP ecu's ( plug and play ones, not mapped! )

a front mount, tt filter relocation kit, ss manifold, decat, cat back, ht leads and ngk grade 7's

what pressure can i run the hybrid at reliably? it rated to 1.2 bar, but if i cram it up to that, will all the other parts be up to it, or will fueling ect let it down? if not i will stick at 1 bar.

Jay

1 bar be should fine mate its usualy the standard ct-9 that goes if running a bar. i thnk it will be plenty fast + lots of fun :o

then again hot summers night super dry roads and a set of good tyres (yoko pradas :lol: ) why not slap it up to 1.2bar and enjoy!!! :)

pete

1 bar be should fine mate its usualy the standard ct-9 that goes if running a bar. i thnk it will be plenty fast + lots of fun :o

then again hot summers night super dry roads and a set of good tyres (yoko pradas :lol: ) why not slap it up to 1.2bar and enjoy!!! :)

pete

got me paradas already! so will it handle the 1.2 bar fuel wise? i mean if ive got no supporting fuel mods, will the ecu be enough to run 1.2 bar?

Jay

got me paradas already! so will it handle the 1.2 bar fuel wise? i mean if ive got no supporting fuel mods, will the ecu be enough to run 1.2 bar?

Jay

im not 100% on the feuling mate but id recomend getting a fpr (feul pressure regulatar) the standar feul pump will be fine. and im pretty sure that the ecu can handle 1.2bar but not much higher.

all the best man luvly motor... :lol:

pete

im not 100% on the feuling mate but id recomend getting a fpr (feul pressure regulatar) the standar feul pump will be fine. and im pretty sure that the ecu can handle 1.2bar but not much higher.

all the best man luvly motor... :lol:

pete

cheers dude! hmm anyone else know? dont wnna do it if i aint 100%

sound! what do ct9's run on standard boost? hi/lo?

standard glanza with the hi/low is at 0.5bar low and 0.65 high, butyou can run them safley at 0.8 or 0.9 bar with sum supporting mods: actuator , bov , fpr , ect...

hope this helps man

pete

cool, got a hdi EBC on order, with a rocket arming switch which enables low/hi boost setting. so if i set it at 0.6 on low, and 1-1.2 bar ( depending ) on high setting. so will be a rite kick up the arse when i switch it to high!

sounds lyk an awsum plan maybe 0.7 bar on low for fun :lol: lol should be a fast little car

best of luck jay!!

pete

the HDi hasnt got 2 preset boost IIRC

its on or off so with swith on low its on stock boost (off actuator) then with switch on high its whatever you set boost to on boost controller

get HKS actuator set it as low as you can for low boost (usually 0.7-0.75) then boost controller on 1.0-1.1 :lol: wouldnt trust them self mapping ECUs personally but thats me :)

As above 1.2 bar should be about the max, any more and the unit will generate a lot more heat as the CT9 is still inherently small. While it will physically compress more air it will also heat the air more so it counteracts the raised boost pressure. Obviosuly the cooler the intake temps the better the car will go. I've also just sent you a message regarding your tech questions and the piggy back ECU's so take a look when you get a chance.

Best of luck,

Toby

Ok,

Theres some misinformation being thrown around here guys. Firstly, Jam/Blitz etc ecus are not "self mapping". Secondly, they have the potential to run your injectors much further than the stock ecu does. They can cope with much higher boost pressures than 1.2 bar but sufficient larger injectors are needed for this. Often when running higher boost it is safer to run a mappable ecu with sufficient injectors. The Jam and Blitz Ecus I have run have fueled well for 1bar though.

I'm running a hybrid at 1 bar, but sometimes it creeps to 1.1 on cold nights. This is about the limit of your stock injectors, any more boost and you'll be maxing the duty cycles of them out, leading to leaning, which you want to avoid like the plauge as it leads to a blown engine one way or the other.

I would play it safe and run 1.1 bar at the absolute maximum, you will not see much more performance from 1.2 trust me and its much better to run a couple less horses with a safe tune than, have a cracked piston, blown piston rings etc.

As above 1.2 bar should be about the max, any more and the unit will generate a lot more heat as the CT9 is still inherently small. While it will physically compress more air it will also heat the air more so it counteracts the raised boost pressure. Obviosuly the cooler the intake temps the better the car will go. I've also just sent you a message regarding your tech questions and the piggy back ECU's so take a look when you get a chance.

Best of luck,

Toby

Wooo! Toby your back! lol.

Listen to Toby guys, hes been there and done it all already.

when i said self mapping it was suposed to be in "these" marks (forgot there name lol) i meant pre mapped

thats the main reason i dotn trust them theyve been set up to a spec in japland and you put them on your car and it normally runs not at perfect fueling

mate of mine run a td04 on a jam at a bar (or 1.2 i forget) but it ran very rich some days and very lean others

ended up cracking block in the end

so i dont like them lol

when i said self mapping it was suposed to be in "these" marks (forgot there name lol) i meant pre mapped

thats the main reason i dotn trust them theyve been set up to a spec in japland and you put them on your car and it normally runs not at perfect fueling

mate of mine run a td04 on a jam at a bar (or 1.2 i forget) but it ran very rich some days and very lean others

ended up cracking block in the end

so i dont like them lol

lol, I get where you're coming from. Sounds like the Jam was mapped for a Ct9.

My Blitz Access I know for a fact was their "stage 1" Blitz K1 hybrid map, (which is a ct9 hybrid) so it matches my setup very well indeed. Blitz only seem to make ecus with 3 set maps, each for different turbo setups as apposed to Jam who map each ecu individually to a specific car. :lol:

^^^ this guy talks sense, do not run the turbo to it's absolute max as it will not last and wont do a standard engine any good, play safe and run it sensibly there is hardly no difference in 0.1 of a bar and for peace of mind i no what i would do.

the max i will run my hybrid is 1-1.1bar but for daily driving i think i'l keep it around 0.9-1bar

righto a bar it is then. dont want my engine going kaput for the sake of a few BHP! i just cant wait to get it in now all the bits surround the shiny engine, nd i can just stand and stare at it lol! been running N/A for too long now, was supposed to get back on it alot sooner than i did so its been a long time cumin!

Jay

Good man, our TT hybrids are only warranted to 1.1 bar for this exact reason but if I'm honest I've tested our own to 1.5 bar just for a laugh but only as we have a plentiful supply. For anyone else 1 bar should be more than enough, you should be able to get away with a little more ignition advance as well.

Let us know how you get on am sure you will love the difference, a lot of potential for such a small turbo.

T