hi mate

I've also considered buying an Evo 4, but the insurance is extremely high, i've been quoted £3,200 - £4,400 to get insured on a standard Evo 4 and that is me being 30 years old, 9 years no claims and a clean license. Just really baffles me that i have pay 3 to 4 times more than similar people in my situation just because of my postcode :surrender:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi thanks craig,

Hello mate my friend told you about my 4 i have some pics here and a little more on the spec

PICT0001.jpg

As listed it has the above mods mentioned

tein mono flex coil overs

3" downpipe coupled to a metalit sports catalyser and rsr exhaust all 3" and stainless steel

I recently just purchased a larger turbo elbow in stainless i think its near on 3" wich helps the turbo spool quicker and it also has a megan racing tubular manifold with larger primaries again stainless

Its got a hks mushroom filter

A uprated coil pack

a uprated koyo radiator

blitz dual turbo timer

clear indicators and side repeaters

This model also comes with the sunroof what is quite a rare thing on the 4 aswell as it been a rare colour too, the car does everything its suppost too and the handling comes second to none the speed this thing will corner is just amazing i have had saxos in the past with uprated suspension and they dont even come close to this car, the car made a healthy 285.1bhp 315lbft toque on the rollers before the manifold, downpipe, and turbo elbow was fitted with a rough guide this car could well be over 300bhp.

The general condition of the car is very good for a 12 year old motor it has got the od small chip in the paint but what 12 year old car doesnt she polish's up very well indeed and when the under carriage is washed its virtually immaculate been a fresh import it really could do with been undersealed before our roads get a hold of it but ive only had it for a two months and with work commitements ive not had chance.

Now the only bad point about this car is that the speedo shows its got over 112 thousand miles, but from what ive learned and read many 4 engines dont make it past 50k before they need something doing, so for this engine to be producing the power it has and performing and running the way it does its 1 either been superbly looked after or 2 its had a replacement engine at some point in its life. But with me getting this car from a import garage i didnt get any of its previous history with it and dont know if the milage is geuniune or not. But as people stated before at least its honest as most cars are clocked before they get imported to the uk.

The car runs with no faults at all and starts first time everytime the ayc works perfectly and the diffs are all healthy infact its due to go into the garage and get fresh oil in the engine, gearbox, diffs, and the ayc fluid changed this will include new filters where needed i hope to do this before the car sells.

Sorry for the long post but i like to be as honest as i can be

the price i have this car up for is £3800 but im listening to any offers over £3500 and also listening to part exchages.

thanks.

tis quite a nice car that, pete off here had a MINT immac evo 6, what drank fuel etc and then was robbed clean from his drive, he also lives in a quiet area where they have 2 visitors per year odd, the starlet was next to it, and didnt even have the steering lock on and hand brake wasnt on! and they didnt touch it

well they must be very lucky, lol ever thought about another toyota? like a gt4 or a mr2 gts turbo? can get a rev 3 turbo for like £2000-2500

Na, never been keen on either!

hi mate

I've also considered buying an Evo 4, but the insurance is extremely high, i've been quoted £3,200 - £4,400 to get insured on a standard Evo 4 and that is me being 30 years old, 9 years no claims and a clean license. Just really baffles me that i have pay 3 to 4 times more than similar people in my situation just because of my postcode :surrender:

Thats mad! I can get insured for just over £1000!

Stiffler, that is a very nice looking 4! Best colour too in my opinion! At the moment, I would only be able to look at exchange, as until my car is sold I don't have the cash. But if you wanna see my car, is under For Sale Section, aout half way down the page.

Cheers!