As some of you know, I have had my car up for sale for a while now. And have been advertising it on PistonHeads.

Well I have just been asked if I was interested in swapping for an Evo 4. (Awaiting for pictures)

My insurance company have done a quote for £1000 Comp with me and my partner on the insurance. I think this is quite good. Being 21 (22 in March).

What do you guys think of Evo 4's? I know the Tax is going to be alot higher, and so will petrol, but I have wanted to change to something more powerful for a while.

Thanks Peeps!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of Evo 4's? I know the Tax is going to be alot higher, and so will petrol, but I have wanted to change to something more powerful for a while.

Haha your sooooo right love...

Tax high..

Petrol high..

Maintainence HIGH..

Repairs pretty expensive..

your glanza is lovely and just needs a paint job.. imo id keep it but thats me im a starlet freak... if you want something bigger but just remember bigger car... bigger bills

The thing is with my Glanza - I don't want to waste money having it re-sprayed. Mainly because my heart isn't in it, and I think it's a waste of money for me to do.

I have wanted an Evo for a while, and have always liked the 4. But the only thing that puts me off is the cost of running it. But that would be the same for any car that's higher power!

I have loved having the Glanza, but don't love it any more. I want something thats 5 door, and just something more powerful.

I haven't spent money on making my Glanza quicker, because it's technically cheaper to just buy a more powerful car as standard.

my friend has an Evo4 for sale, he works in Plymouth so is getting rid, he lives in Middlesbrough, he wants something cheaper to run up and down, not sure if it's what he may consider but worth a try, i can vouch he's had no bother with it, nice car i drove it back from Plymouth

These I am waiting for.

If it isn't nice enough, or you know has decent Tax/Mot etc etc on it, then obviously I won't have it.

But whether it's nice or not, I am still looking at the possibility of having one any ways.

Just wanted to know what people thought of them really.

I have always wanted a GSR1800, but they are so rare and hard to get hold of, it's unlikely I will find one and sell my car at the same time.

I have worked out my money, and with savings and stuff I can afford to run it easily.

my friend has an Evo4 for sale, he works in Plymouth so is getting rid, he lives in Middlesbrough, he wants something cheaper to run up and down, not sure if it's what he may consider but worth a try, i can vouch he's had no bother with it, nice car i drove it back from Plymouth

Could you get some pictures of these at all? Thanks!

get the evo 4, join a evo forum then put up a post for a GSR1800 swop for evo4 or along those lines that way you get a more powerful car and if a GSR comes along you can snap it up when it does.

or if you decide you dont like the evo buy another starlet :thumbsup:

LOL - To be honest, if I got one and didn't like it or it was way to expensive then I think the first car I would look at is another Glanza!

BenV - This is a comment I heard someone make before, so I am going to be asking a few people to see whats with that? Il ask my bloke tonight when I see him, as he has an Evo 3 and is quite clued up on them all in general.

yeah one of my mates was on about them before as we knew a boy who was planning an evo 4 engine swap into a colt. cant remember what goes wrong though. i'll see if i can find out for you

Ben

I have always wanted a GSR1800, but they are so rare and hard to get hold of, it's unlikely I will find one and sell my car at the same time.

:o you dont come from my end :thumbsup: theres a good few down here a gunmetal grey one amazing car.. spotless and!!! done up to the nuts.. 12K :D