hi guys hope someone can help here,

got a glanza was driving to work today down the motorway had a bit of 'sport' with a calibra hit about 110 and then came off the power back down to about 70 and went to go on the power again to overtake a truck and the power had gone! :thumbsup: ?? the car would not go above 5000rpm and would not get above 70mph!! ?? at the time it was raining lots weither this would make any diffrernce? had a look at the boost pipes on the fmic and they all look fine so there doesnt seem to be any reason for the loose in power?

anyone know what could have caused this? anyone experienced this before?

hmmm never heard of this sort of thing with Glanza's before. If it makes a whiney noise then im guessing the cooler pipes have come open somewhere as this happened to me in the fast lane once. Apart from that im baffled.

Bourkey

If you car is not putting enough air in it may be running rich. This may give you more emissions this will then fail the MOT im guessing. My guess is still the cooler/boost pipes so check them all. Take them all off if you have to. Also check all the pipe clips are all tight.

Bourkey

yeah i was thinkin a problem due to water as there was loads of spray and that but there is not even a miss-fire just nae decent power....my emmisions didnt get tested at last years mot....didnt think imports mattered?

nah no boost gauge geo.....might come down on sunday to knockhill anyway so aye you could have a look for me :lol: what time you guys meeting/ staying until ?

Is it missing as you accelerate? Like the others have said, could be water on the plugs.

If the clutch is slipping the revs will rise freely as you press the throttle, but the car won't actually accelerate. Is it doing that?

Could be a IC pipe popped off, or vac line or actuator has popped out the wastegate flap. Sometimes the circlip can ping off (happened on mine whilst driving).

cool cheers man,

nah defo not the clutch slipping likes.....would have known what that was....had another check of the IC pipes on my lunch break but nothing obvious showing...will try and have a look at the actuator tommorow when its light outside lol....hopefully nothing major eh...

cheers man