Thanks ukstarletclub

Just been down to my not so local dealers lol to have a look at was described as a very good condition glanza v with subtle mods, 30miles later I finally get to have a look around it armed with my notes for what to look for as suggested by this very forum... to say I'm disappointed is an understatement to say im happy that i still 4k in my pocket cant be expressed enough.

Car was advertised as 1998 R TOYOTA STARLET GLANZA V Turbo in very good condition white, 63000 Miles

First off the front bumper wasnt hanging correctly, from a distance you could see the right hand side was a couple of inches lower than the left. Also the bumper had a reasonable sized crack on the mounting point to the body.

The bonnet was 1/2 inch higher on the right hand side but flush with body work on left at this point i thought, maybe just aesthetics.... then.

Looking at the notes i decided to start her up, got my mate to stand at the back of the car as i gave it a few k's, big plume of bluish exhaust, then followed gradual tones from blue to white, enough said

Then took a look at the shocks every thing seemed fine, removed the rear mount covers as suggested and bounced the car a little, left hand side was fine, however the right hand side strut moved up and down in place along with the bounce. eek

next came the visual inspection, lots of nuts and bolts loose on the car floor, wires and cables hanging from under passenger side dash and lots of fag burns in the seats :lol:

chap came over and asked if id like to take it out for a test drive, now i have read that these Glanza's are quick, and not wanting to ruin my expereince anyfurther i declined. As such im really disappointed.

So id just like to say thank you to this forum and the guys on here for saving me 4k. and for keeping my fto that little bit longer.

Geoff

ALWAYS buy from a guy who has knowledge of the car - never a common backstreet dealer.

If they have knowledge on the car, they will have maintained them properly, they would know whats wrong with them should anything come up - and they would certainly know cars dont come with bonnets half an inch higher one side than the other....

Get yourself over to the Starlets For Sale section in Classifieds.

Should you need more advice, post up, we are always happy to help find a Starlet for anyone :lol: