quick q... Whats best form of adjusting boost apart from actuator?

Hi im confused on how to sort my boost on my td04, my actuator didnt come with the treaded bit on the end of the arm because ross is a pleb lmao, so now im gonna have to make my own end piece which is ropey as fuck as i dont know the length of stock etc, so im gonna make my own and hope it works, im going to run 0.8 bar then get 1.2 bar from a mbc?

what would be the best mbc to use for this? and also would this effect the way my car comes on boost at all? if my actuator was just set at 1.2 bar with no mbc would that come on boost sooner etc?

many thanks.callan

HDI do a ebc for £113 delivered with a 100psi solenoid and 30psi controller,

why go tdo4 if you cant afford it... it just ain't gonna work, you need money for high power.

you no how much these things cost cal, and they need to ran safely and properly... at least find a good second hand ebc.

i can get a profec b for £100 off a mate, but still £100 when i can get a turbo smart mbc freee off my mate

yes i have a td04 gt turbo ep91face why would i lie about that?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be very honest here and this is all in my opinion lol.

I bought a second hand dawes device running my hybrid (cost me a tenner). It brought the boost in fast and held it very well. You set it to a point, read the boost and adjust acordingly. The boost would rise higher in higher gears and there was no way around this (its just a characteristic of boost against a higher resistance).

I now have a Apexi Avcr. It was complicated to setup (to say the least!) and cost me over £200. But it has some advantages. You can control the boost at different rpms, you can stop overboost in the higher gears, you can have different boost profiles and the monitoring and peak hold functions are great.

However, it does not bring the boost in any quicker than the dawes valve and cost a lot more!

Dawes/Grainger valves are highly underated boost controllers (not to be confused with bleed valves) and if one thinks an ebc such as Hdi, Apexi or Profec etc etc is a million times better perhaps is being too hasty in making a judgement.

Hope that helps Cal, imo you will be fine running a good quality dawes device such as a turbosmart on a TD-04. :D

pav is right, dawes devices are AWESOME.

all the top drag cars dont run leccy boost controllers. they all run dawes devices, and thats running 40+psi...

only reason i have an EBC is the in-cabin adjustability. if you only plan on running a set boost. a dawes device is the best thing evar.

just DONT get them mixed up with a bleed valve, they are bloody crap!