Tein Springs 35mm or are they 50mm?

SORRY THIS IS IN WRONG SECTION. FOR SOME REASON I CANT POST IN TECHNICAL SECTION!

Right im intrested in some tein springs. They guy whos selling them states they drop a glanza 35mm. Im sure they would work fine on my n/a unless glanza's are lower standard, because it says that are designed to work with OEM shock. 50mm or 57mm actual ride hieght drop is to low for standard shock.

The problem is that ive seen some other tein springs which are the same but state that they drop yur car like 35mm. He hasnt stated whether they are tein S springs. Are there more than 1 tien spring type for the ep91?

Qoute for tein S springs:

"You are purchasing a set of Brand New Tein S.Tech Springs (Front and Rear) for the following car:

TOYOTA STARLET TURBO EP91 1995-99 Actual Ride Height Drop Front -57mm Rear -50mm

Tein S. Tech springs are an excellent step towards suspension tuning. Offer approx a 35mm drop for a more stylish appearance and increased road holding capacity. Designed to be used with OEM or OEM replacement shocks."

dont know about you but i find that confusing! :D

He sent me a pick of what they look like on his mates Glanza. Does this look like a 35mm drop? To be honest it does because the wheels look like 15's in the pic with decent rubber. but how do i know that he not telling porky's. If anyone can shed some light on this for me i would be greatful. knowledge of people who had or got tein springs would help. pics to show tein spring on starlets would help to.

thanks in advance for comments :D

DSC03900.jpg

Would that "guy" happen to be bourkey?.....if so tein state they are 57/50 but are no where near that and look around 35mm.

He knows what hes on about bud....and has had alot of shockers and a few diff springs.

and thats marks glanza who would also confim this... :D

Now who is selling these springs that Mark knows??? Im not selling them thats for sure.

To be honest it's hard to say how much they lower the car by. Craig N's car was mega high before and now he has some 50mm Tein springs on his and i'd say it has lowered it close to that. I think other springs lower the car more than 50mm but the thing about the Tein springs is they are very good springs. I'd personally uprate the shocks as when i had them on mine the rear shocks went within a year. I realised when i came to put new suspension on my car.

Marks car also has 16" wheels with a 45 profile if i remember correctly.

Bourkey

Hi mate, Yeh... TEIN do state a 57mm ft drop and 50mm rear drop but obviously things like weight in your car and the individual spring it's self will have an effect but should say you'll see about 45 - 50 mm drop with them and as the man above has stated... Shocks, unless your a lucky bugger WILL go just depends on when! Part number for your reference is SKT90 - S1B00 i'f this give me untill till tomorrow to check and correct if neeeded!

Cheers,

Sam

Ow and by the way, Shit hot springs!!!!

• 4 years later...

hey guys jus thought i would add a fast coment on these springs.

after buying some teins springs and fitting them on stock shocks they have droped the car a bit but i would not say its 57mm and 50 rear unless they settle lower once bedded in i aint got a clue.

i was thinking of uprating the shocks but aint got a clue whats a good make to use as i want it stiff!

also if i uprated the shocks would the car sit lower or would it be the same?

if anyone could tell me what a good set of shocks would be to use with these springs i would be very greatfull, cash is running low so wont be able to spend loads on some shocks.

thanks sean

Ebay is your friend. Kyb excel-g are a oem replacement gas shock. There 50 each on the front and 50ish the rear pair. Although they do a gas-adjust rear aswell for £66 delivered off ebay. They will be one step up over oem. I would buy the rears and only replace the fronts when.they

bust.

You can all 4 but you could get coilovers for that money