Does driving in the snow/ice damage your car?

I get very concerned about my GT, was out most of last night driving around and the roads were more than bad, worse ive ever seen, litterally everywhere was ice, which caught us by surprise. I got stuck so many times i lost count, and had to give it some beans to get out.......seems as though my driveshafts are whirring like mad now, steering doesnt seem right at all.......and just in gernal i swear ive f*cked my whole car up from it.

Or am i just being paranoid. What sort of damage does it do as obviously the revs come right up all the time when the wheels loose traction. So i was putting it into second and now my gearbox crunches.

Basically, driving around last night, ive pretty much ragged the sh*t out my GT so it seems. And i feel so uneasy now today because of it.

Am i worrying for nothing?

I'd be more worried about the amount of salt and grit on the roads causing damage, just reviving the engine isn't going to cause any harm is it, the wheels are spinning on ice not tarmac no no excess stress is being causes- granted it's not the best thing to do but i cant see how that would cause damage,

like i said snow, grit or salt could have got into some little areas, I'm sure once it all goes and you give your car a good run it will be fine.

Drive it today it should be OK mate

It was a fucking laugh though :D :D

I was driving home and it felt like my back wheels were going to fall off!!! But it was just all the ice built up on the insides of the wheels putting them out of balance...phew!!

It also felt weird as fuck driving on normal roads after being sideways for 90% of the night :D

Oh yea how funny was it when you fell FLAT on your face :D:D

like i said snow, grit or salt could have got into some little areas, I'm sure once it all goes and you give your car a good run it will be fine.

Tis why I went down the car-wash today and got an under-chassis wash done :D

Will give the arches a good clean too next time I wash it myself

i know what you mean about being paranoid

I have been stuck a lot today aswell when watching rallying. Soo embarrising, I managed to cause a traffic jam in the woods!! I was just trying to get to the top of a small slope and couldnt make it. In the end just had to free wheel and go bankwards about 300 yards on a single track road to the main road, people didnt look too happy! But oh well i didnt want to wreck my poor little starlet. ;)

and before people say, i was driving in the correct snow manner, but it was stupidly slippy ! :)

Adam

Aww we was gonna go watch the rally today but my mate crashed into me and he was meant to be driving today plus i couldnt get up :)

Ah right haha, which rally were you planning to go to mate?

Wydean, take it thats the one you went to?

Yeah, only like 10mins from me house. You didnt miss to much tbh. The ameuters were pretty slow, been loads of snow up there aswell. Oh and to top my day off i almost got killed by a subaru! He completly lost it on a kink in a striaght, so i jumped down the bank and landed in a load of snow :) . He was about 3 feet my sliding into me!! I'll show you a few pics on msn later buddi

Dub there is nothing wrong with a bit of car park fun ;). Funnily enough i've not done it in a few years. I got a big telling off by the police for doing it once so i think that had something to do with it. Plus i'd probably hit a kerb. You all know what im like with them :).

Bourkey

LOL yeah Lew i did fall on my face........then dropped ma trousers a bit and gave everyone a mooney for laughin at me lmfao

I enjoyed it all but......after i was so worried about my car words cant explain. Its my pride and joy.

Soon as the wether is better *snowing again today dammit* i will be taking it for a full underside steam clean, rust treat and clear waxoyl......then i will be painting the whole of the underside in either silver or bright white hammerite! This will make it look really clean and show off all the whiteline/RS*R handling bits i will be fitting :)

No more sideways fun for me. Will be getting another car for college/work/messing about soon as i get some money, THEN i will be sideways all the time in the snow haha.

Thanks all for your advice, help and recommendations.