About to buy an EP91

Hi to all. I'm new to the site but I'm not new to the world of starlets. Had an ep70 for about 5years now. Did a couple engine swaps. First one was the 1e to the 2e then from 2e to 5e. Had plans to turbocharge the 5e, had everything to turbocharge it as well but decided against it because the ep70 body was beginning to rust again. So I decided to get a younger starlet and finish my project. Did not see the point of getting an ep82 due to the rust issue again. And I've grown quite fond of glanzas.

My main question is, is it as simple doing the glanza front end conversion on the 5door as it is on the 3door? Will everything fit back? I know I will have to get the side skirts modified(lengthened) in order to fit but will the front and back bumpers fit? Will the headlights fit? Will the bonnet and lights fit?

Hey mate

I own a 5dr ep91 and plan on doing the glanza body work conversion also,

as far as i can tell the only needed alteration to the whole thing is to mod the sideskirts around the rear doors as Dub seven has said.

If you do complete the conversion Id love to see some pic's mate,

Something like this would have to be done?

skirt.jpg

Thats not bad

But I was thinking of sumthing similar to how the front looks, Bare with me...

I mean cut the rear of the side skirt similar to this but instead of fixing that piece to the door (I assume) leave it off altogther, then either fill the exposed gap in the skirt with fibre glass to where it meets the body or plastic weld a piece of plastic in there and then shape it to suit.

IF done well I think that it could really suit the 5dr starlets

by the way that is one sweet starlet...is that 70 local to you??

• 1 month later...

Sorry but have been busy so no pics as yet,couple of updates tho, the car has been tinted(5% black) and glanza headlights, bonnet and bumper bought and are at the painter. I am supposed to get them put on today. Ordered some kyb gr2's and some dropzone lowering springs(2inch drop), these should be on by the end of the month. Rims and tires should follow couple weeks after. Here is a pic of the rims I plan on using(15").

S906.jpg

Will take pics today for sure.