Right guys just for the know...

i want to know what BHP your running at and how you got there so spec lists would be good

Im currently running at fook all cause i bought a dodgy starbo and the engines blown but before i think i was running at the 140bhp mark but thats going to soar up soon

All i have on is: Blitz SUS induction kit

Blitz Super BOV

Full Japspeed System (Manifold.De-Cat and 3 Inch Middle section with 4 1/2 inch Pipe)

HKS Turno timer

Soooooooo........ whats everyone else running at???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mate, ive got a 96 glanza v it has a autobahn front mount, hks actuator, hks fcd, blitz bov, hks airfilter and hks boost controller. im not sure wht bhp exactly im running. i was suppose to find out on tuesday but my clutch kept slippin on rolling road I've had new clutch fitted and im booked in at mgt racing for retry on tuesday. hope im hiting 160 -170 mark.

i mate, ive got a 96 glanza v it has a autobahn front mount, hks actuator, hks fcd, blitz bov, hks airfilter and hks boost controller. im not sure wht bhp exactly im running. i was suppose to find out on tuesday but my clutch kept slippin on rolling road I've had new clutch fitted and im booked in at mgt racing for retry on tuesday. hope im hiting 160 -170 mark.

What boost are you running bro?

^ Legend car

My spec :D

Japspeed fmic

blitz decat

autobahn mani

toy tuning actuator

5zigen exhaust system

greddy filter

emanage blue

standard ct9

(dump valves are for pussies. chatter ftw)

expected power over 180 running 14 psi

still to get:

lightend crank pulleys

lightend flywheel

mr2 440 injectors

supra fuel pump

getting a new head for the car soon so when i get it, its getting sent for port/polish time also sticking on a 1.2mm zep gasket

@ Saeed with that boost dude i recon you only see about 150ish

rick your motor, is it currently mapped to run 1.2bar or mapped to run more but only running in low boost?

i was talking to wes earlier and he comtemplating turning the wick up sometime soon, so it would be good to know just where it stands now!

its a great ep by the way, credit to you.

Phil

If im correct rik ran it on 1.2 bar for safety ie low boosty

turning up the boost would be fine, i cant remember his full spec but as long as the dude didnt kick its ass in he'd be fine :D

plus is the dude not happy with 300 ??? :D

If im correct rik ran it on 1.2 bar for safety ie low boosty

turning up the boost would be fine, i cant remember his full spec but as long as the dude didnt kick its ass in he'd be fine :D

plus is the dude not happy with 300 ??? :D

yeah but it would be just as safe(or safer) running whatever it was mapped for even if it was higher boost.

unless it was mapped to something nuts like 2bar which people "say" starts to really push the headbolts?

is it running standard headbolts rick or a arp4age set?

well its only 288 i think @ whatever boost he's on, and he cant very well, run a td06 5e and not have more impressive power than a 4e gt28 or similar, the lag has to be in anticipation of something great lol.

awesome car, i cant say that enough! lol

Phil

imo.. 2 bar on the starlet engines death but riks is 5efte lol so im not sure.

but if im right the car was mapped to 1.2 bar but could be pushed more!

the lags just sexy for 2 reasons...

1. people think there gna whip you and you go whoring past

2. its lag lag lag lag BRICK FUCKING WALL

now that to me sounds awsome :D

imo.. 2 bar on the starlet engines death but riks is 5efte lol so im not sure.

wouldnt make any difference 5e/4e, as long as they're both forged its only the headbolts and turbo that would have a problem with 1.8bar +

but your right lags no problem at all, nice to have something good to wait on :D

Phil

you cant compare it to a 4e gt28.

thats pretty much the limit for a 4e and youll need a decent whackk of boost to get that sort of power.

the glanza is running a safe 1.2 bar. people run ct9s at that :D

we did up the boost when mapping, and it was silly. registered over 350 on the dyno at 1.8bar, but it was jumping about on the rollers.

300hp in most starlets is the balls-to-the-wall max output, but not in my old one :(

with some good ethanol injection, that engine would run 400hp at 2bar.

i want to build another one :D

thats pretty much the limit for a 4e and youll need a decent whackk of boost to get that sort of power.

the glanza is running a safe 1.2 bar. people run ct9s at that :p

we did up the boost when mapping, and it was silly. registered over 350 on the dyno at 1.8bar, but it was jumping about on the rollers.

300hp in most starlets is the balls-to-the-wall max output, but not in my old one :D

i want to build another one :(

am just looking forward to seeing it rr in ireland!! see wat it puts out!! :D

the glanza is running a safe 1.2 bar. people run ct9s at that :D

300hp in most starlets is the balls-to-the-wall max output, but not in my old one :(

i want to build another one :D

agreed it was rude to compare it to a 4e gt28, But surely you would agree that although one setup is vastly and i say carefully "overspecced" a td06 5e must be similar lag to a 4e gt28 and the power would be similar if your ran 1.5bar gt28 4e against td06 5e 1.2bar.

yes i run my ct9 @ that lol

so what boost was your car actually mapped for 1.8bar?

does it have uprated headbolts?

and id the fcon gold setup standalone or piggyback?

sorry for all the Q's lol

Phil

soon to have td04 at 1.2-1.3 bar on stock internals and managment

Td04l turbo

manifold

downpipe

1.2 bar

open turbo

5zigen exhaust

Jam bcc

wepr fmic

mr2 rev3 NA 370cc injectors

apexi Safc

skyline gtr fuel pump

Fpr

something else ive probs forgot

240-260bhp at 1,2 bar approx

then after my HG goes

2.0mm headgasket

ported head

greddy emanage/unichip

1.4 bar boost

270-280bhp approx, on stock rods and pistons

fconVpro gold a piggyback :D wash your mouth out with soap!

its one of the best standalone ECUs you can get this side of a full on MOTEC kit.

and it was mapped to about 1.4bar to accomodate slight overboost at 1.2 (if it was cold or something for example).

i never had it mapped for more than that as the head was literally lifting off the block at 1.6 bar :D too much power :( i wanted to do it all properly, and not mess about and run risks. so it was set to a nice safe 1.2bar while i waited for ARP to make the 4E kit (the guy who mapped it is about 20 minutes from where i live, so remapping etc was not a big issue.)

after that, i was going to remap it, but ARP were dicks and took forever, and i didnt want to do the pikey 4AGE redrill jobbie. i wanted proper 5E bolts.

if wes wants to run big boy boost, he needs a remap on it im afraid.

it did hit some big boost (1.8bar) on the dyno at a poor map, and made a scary level of power, but it just wasnt worth the risk of tidying the map up with the head trying to escape, lol.

fconVpro gold a piggyback :D wash your mouth out with soap!

its one of the best standalone ECUs you can get this side of a full on MOTEC kit.

and it was mapped to about 1.4bar to accomodate slight overboost at 1.2 (if it was cold or something for example).

i never had it mapped for more than that as the head was literally lifting off the block at 1.6 bar :D too much power :( i wanted to do it all properly, and not mess about and run risks. so it was set to a nice safe 1.2bar while i waited for ARP to make the 4E kit (the guy who mapped it is about 20 minutes from where i live, so remapping etc was not a big issue.)

after that, i was going to remap it, but ARP were dicks and took forever, and i didnt want to do the pikey 4AGE redrill jobbie. i wanted proper 5E bolts.

if wes wants to run big boy boost, he needs a remap on it im afraid.

it did hit some big boost (1.8bar) on the dyno at a poor map, and made a scary level of power, but it just wasnt worth the risk of tidying the map up with the head trying to escape, lol.

yes yes nice,

well i actually thought that you "could" use the fcon gold as a piggyback if you wanted?

i know what it is and how good it is(ie super), only problem is getting it mapped.

i think trevor has some uprated direct fit head bolts coming onto the scene soon so they are a possiblity for wes no doubt.

so mapped for 1.4 running 1.2 ? sounds good. think he has a oil issue atm. he could probably turn the boost up to 1.4 bar, as long as he did so slowly and kept an eye on the afr's all the time.

Phil

soon to have td04 at 1.2-1.3 bar on stock internals and managment

Td04l turbo

manifold

downpipe

1.2 bar

open turbo

5zigen exhaust

Jam bcc

wepr fmic

mr2 rev3 NA 370cc injectors

apexi Safc

skyline gtr fuel pump

Fpr

something else ive probs forgot

240-260bhp at 1,2 bar approx

then after my HG goes

2.0mm headgasket

ported head

greddy emanage/unichip

1.4 bar boost

270-280bhp approx, on stock rods and pistons

who tuned your current setup cal?

Phil

lol no one... just super cal and the use of magic mind power to read the afr's in his head.

cal you should really get that thing tuned! its a waste of time having the safc if your not going to use it

and those injectors if youve no idea if its lean rich etc!

you could get a healthy figure from that setup :D

cant see you getting 260bhp though without a decent tune!

madness

Phil

lad its not even running yet, it will be soon and il be getting it setup properly on rr dont worry, if chris was local(mi16 chris) id get him to sort me some emanage out and mapping... but hes another country away lmao

im gonna set fpr to 3.5 bar and run 0.7 bar to rolling road, going to spend a while to get a decent tune from it, i cant drive it till may anyway!!il have LC-1 wideband anyway so i can always keep a good eye on AFR

by the way phil did i ever tell you that you once had my rx7 tmic on your car? and that your GT is my mates who lives round the corner from me?

lad its not even running yet, it will be soon and il be getting it setup properly on rr dont worry, if chris was local(mi16 chris) id get him to sort me some emanage out and mapping... but hes another country away lmao

im gonna set fpr to 3.5 bar and run 0.7 bar to rolling road, going to spend a while to get a decent tune from it, i cant drive it till may anyway!!

by the way phil did i ever tell you that you once had my rx7 tmic on your car? and that your GT is my mates who lives round the corner from me?

you sure did mate lol

you will flood that engine at 3.5bar fp and 370cc injectors! the safc will have serious issues trimming such big injectors even at stock fuel pressure!!

id try 1bar boost stock fuel pressure and the injectors if you must :D and trim from there with the safc.

although to be honest the stock injectors will fuel 1.2bar td04 without great difficultly and then just add whatever you need with the fpr? and trim down using the safc? that way your rich if anything electronic fails.

Phil