whats the best front mount for my ep91

hi. ive got 2 glanzas one on 98 plate and one on 96. the 96 has a autobahn front mount i think its a good mount but my mechanics disagree so i want somthing different but not too expensive for my 98 plate glanza. i want to keep ac. im thinking of gettin forge internals just need to know what mount to get. any advice appreciated

i have a hdi kit check out my build thread in my sig below, if you still have aircon you have to cut alot of the bumper... but it is an awesome kit and very well made, for the money it is definitely the best in the market.

but if you have the money like Rick said what you get is what you pay for.

i dont like the autobahn cheap and the pipe work is naff, but alot of people run them and have nice power and good results

I'm in the same boat as you at the moment, I've done quite a bit of research.

Here's what I've gathered...

HDi - Far too big in my mind for the 96 bumper, you have to cut away a rather large amount and personally I'm not looking to go down that route. That said though, I've heard pretty much nothing but praise from people who own them. £300

Blitz - Seems to be the 'middle' choice, it has a medium sized core so minimum bumper cutting and means you won't have an excessively large chunk of metal in your bumper. Downside to this is that the piping passes in front of the manifold so would be affected by the heat generated from that. That said, someone made custom pipework over on TGTT with a 90 degree bend and a few small alterations, he said he removed over a metre of unnecessary piping and it didn't run in front of the manifold. £730

Japspeed/Autobahn88 - Replica of the Blitz kit, cores are identical and pipework is made out of slightly different materials. From what I have been told these kits might aswell be near identical to the Blitz, and being £500-odd cheaper, are clearly the better choice. Each one seems to have a small downside, for the Japspeed it has 90 degree piping from the core and I have been told the Autobahn has the dump valve hole on the hot pipe. I doubt either of these would have much effect unless you were aiming for really high power. Japspeed can be picked up for £250, Autobahn £300

GReddy - Seems to be the best choice, very hard to come by second hand and new will set you back over £800 I've not really seen any of the newer ones pop up second hand and chances are if it did it would be snapped rather quickly. Seems to have a good sized core and as already stated the best piping.

I hope that helps a bit, it's just thing's I've picked up on my searches, please people correct me if I'm wrong as I'm doing it off the top of my head whilst half asleep!

Out of interest, has anyone put together a custom intercooler?

Seems that what would be ideal (for the budget concious) would be the HDI piping (i like the fact it doesnt go under) with a smaller intercooler. From having a quick look at my Glanza96, if the intercooler was shorter (still suspended off the slam bar), it could sit above where the bumper comes in.

Ebay has loads of universal intercoolers, couldnt someone just fab the pipes and = perfection?

Oz

ok thanks for replys, ive narrowed it down to the autobahn, hdi or japspeed. which one is the better one to get. i have the autobahn on my 96 glanza and the pipeing is a joke. ive found a couple of gaskits ruined basicly because the place the gaskits sit on the pipes isnt flat so whn you tighten up the bolts on some pipes its not flat so water gets through. i lost half the cars boost due to this. the plus point of the autobahn is that the ac stays.

Alternatively you could buy a good length of pipe and some bends (off ebay) and make some custom piping, there's plenty of aluminium/stainless steel pipes on ebay aswell as silicone joiners.

Then you'd just need a decent core.

dudeee WEPR !!! dont go hdi or autobahn!!

wepr has the shortest piping and best desgin for money... get these new for ct9 for £300...

bourky off her noticed 500rpm spool up quicker that his autobahn...thats just with the wepr hot pipe, hdi have a very restrictive hot side pipe and the intercooler it self is very large, for a ct9 you dont want that

dont care what anyone else says... if they can find a problem with the WEPR theyre insane

intercooler is perfect size, fits good and can keep crash bar, piping is simple and easy, dump valve location is good and not restrictive, great fitting kit...

HDi - Far too big in my mind for the 96 bumper, you have to cut away a rather large amount and personally I'm not looking to go down that route. That said though, I've heard pretty much nothing but praise from people who own them. £300 (BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WHO OWN HDI FMIC'S ARE N00BS TO ANY FMIC)

Blitz - Seems to be the 'middle' choice, it has a medium sized core so minimum bumper cutting and means you won't have an excessively large chunk of metal in your bumper. Downside to this is that the piping passes in front of the manifold so would be affected by the heat generated from that. That said, someone made custom pipework over on TGTT with a 90 degree bend and a few small alterations, he said he removed over a metre of unnecessary piping and it didn't run in front of the manifold. £730

Japspeed/Autobahn88 - Replica of the Blitz kit, cores are identical and pipework is made out of slightly different materials. From what I have been told these kits might aswell be near identical to the Blitz, and being £500-odd cheaper, are clearly the better choice. Each one seems to have a small downside, for the Japspeed it has 90 degree piping from the core and I have been told the Autobahn has the dump valve hole on the hot pipe. I doubt either of these would have much effect unless you were aiming for really high power. Japspeed can be picked up for £250, Autobahn £300 (POP BOOST PIPES AND HAVE BAD HEATSOAK FROM NEAR THE TURBO, LAG IS AN ISSUE WITH LONG PIPING)

GReddy - Seems to be the best choice, very hard to come by second hand and new will set you back over £800 I've not really seen any of the newer ones pop up second hand and chances are if it did it would be snapped rather quickly. Seems to have a good sized core and as already stated the best piping.

i have a custom cooler kit

core size ive forgot had all pipe made up and theres hardly any pipework compared to most of the kits and made a hel of a differance, also my pipework is stainless as oposed to usual cheap alloy with most kits HDI,AutoB,even greddy

i paid under your budget and had other work done at same time

I think Ricky(starbus) on here made it, and he can fabricate pretty much anything to an awesome standard!

he would make you up a fmic kit and decat all at the same time but might need your car there for him to measure and fit etc.

i havent seen any new wepr kits tbh.

because people dont want them because theyre not HUGE(big fmics=small willys tbh)Or theyre not the most popular as there are many more fmic's on the market now days

the old ones were gash, but if they have a new design etc and area actually well thought out. that may be a good road to take.

Old as in 2 years? mines that type and isnt gash at all, very good design in fact, you know how good wepr stuff is

anyone got any pics? id quite like to have a gander at one.

Il have to get some of mine

Drive, any pics of your intercooler setup? Sounds good!

no pics just yet but front ends coming off car this week and my project thread will be updated with it hopefully if not ill get some pics to show it off

and yes Glanza_cl ricky did make it he does most of my work he's good at what he does