Hello to every one out there.

i have an induction kit for my starlet 1.0 GL

but the car just cuts out every time i start it

cause there is to much air to the fuel gettin in

and i dont wana drive wid the choke on the whole time

any sugesstions.

thanx :rolleyes:

Reduce the piping to restrict the air flow, or perhapss cover over part of the filter to again restrict the airflow

Or the inverse increase fuel flow, not sure how you'd do that, but I think my unclue fitted a larger carb, or bored out the carb or something for his A35 (A for Austin! :rolleyes: )

Find out if your carb is adjustable, most are.It should have a bleed screw on the side somewhere which lets more fuel into the mixture.Not totally sure what kinda carbs come fitted to them, so its not a promise

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah But wont it b running to rich. or will it be fine.

Yeah But wont it b running to rich. or will it be fine.

Best way to do it, is to buy an air/fuel ratio gauge. yes it WILL run richer but you have to increase the fuel supply to accomodate the air increase.

You WILL have to increase the fuel supply going into the carb if your running any kind of induction kit on such an engine. otherwise you'll be running around with the choke on constantly which isnt good.

fit the air/fuel ratio gauge then just play with the carb fuel pin untill its setup to use the choke. you just have to adjust it, try it. adjust it, try it etc chap.

Its the ecu's job on a fuel injection engine to richen the mix automatically or lean it, because you havent got a learning emission control ecu you will have to do it instead. hope that helps matey.

Try ebay for a gauge and the vacum pipe/tpiece you'll need, failing that.. demontweeks sell cheapish ones with all the accessorys you need.

Best way to do it, is to buy an air/fuel ratio gauge. yes it WILL run richer but you have to increase the fuel supply to accomodate the air increase.

You WILL have to increase the fuel supply going into the carb if your running any kind of induction kit on such an engine. otherwise you'll be running around with the choke on constantly which isnt good.

fit the air/fuel ratio gauge then just play with the carb fuel pin untill its setup to use the choke. you just have to adjust it, try it. adjust it, try it etc chap.

Its the ecu's job on a fuel injection engine to richen the mix automatically or lean it, because you havent got a learning emission control ecu you will have to do it instead. hope that helps matey.

Try ebay for a gauge and the vacum pipe/tpiece you'll need, failing that.. demontweeks sell cheapish ones with all the accessorys you need.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanx man it worx. i recon i got the slowest car on the site though. it has a top speed of 98mph it really sux. hopefull by next summer i will get a transplant.

Hey Man ;b

Chill with what you got ;b

I hardly cruise over 100 anyways and mine is 1.3 ;b

Like scutch0 says :p it don't matter how fast your starlet can go as long as your happy with it ;b

Just enjoy it!

Peace Out

Joz

Hey Man ;b

Chill with what you got ;b

I hardly cruise over 100 anyways and mine is 1.3 ;b

Like scutch0 says :p it don't matter how fast your starlet can go as long as your happy with it ;b

Just enjoy it!

Peace Out

Joz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im happy wid it. mostly cause its really easy to get side ways.