Upgrading to rear disc brakes help wanted

I've just purchased all the basic parts needed to convert my N/A to disc brakes at the rear and have a few questions for those that have upgraded their rear brakes,

Pads

What pads are a worthwhile upgrade for the rear if at all, these pads should be suitable for road usage?

Discs

I've decided to opt for the 3G 10 groove rear discs but I want to know since the rear discs act as the rear hub do the 3G discs come with new studs fitted or will it be necessary for me to fit a set of studs to them?

Braided brake lines

Am I rite in the assumption that any set of braided lines replace the 2 rubber hoses and the metal hard pipe with 1 single braided line per side?

My apologies for the noob style questions...but its the only way Ill learn.

Thanx for any help

Nic

I've just purchased all the basic parts needed to convert my N/A to disc brakes at the rear and have a few questions for those that have upgraded their rear brakes,

Pads

What pads are a worthwhile upgrade for the rear if at all, these pads should be suitable for road usage?

Discs

I've decided to opt for the 3G 10 groove rear discs but I want to know since the rear discs act as the rear hub do the 3G discs come with new studs fitted or will it be necessary for me to fit a set of studs to them?

Braided brake lines

Am I rite in the assumption that any set of braided lines replace the 2 rubber hoses and the metal hard pipe with 1 single braided line per side?

My apologies for the noob style questions...but its the only way Ill learn.

Thanx for any help

Nic

There are no british companys that do performance brakepads for the rear that im aware off mintex do their stock replacement or you could get some performance ones from rhd or Toy Tunning etc

Discs usually rear discs that need studs come with stud in so would imagine they will!!

Yes braided lines replace all the rear piping with a flexible braided line!!

Hope that helps

Rob

There are no british companys that do performance brakepads for the rear that im aware off mintex do their stock replacement or you could get some performance ones from rhd or Toy Tunning etc

Discs usually rear discs that need studs come with stud in so would imagine they will!!

Yes braided lines replace all the rear piping with a flexible braided line!!

Hope that helps

Rob

Ya Rob was thinking that alrite about the above points, I was was kinda leaning toward some jap brand pads such as sard or the project mu that Rick has actually.

Thanx mate

i think i have a set of brand new Project Mu rear pads at home... somewhere. i shall try to find them if you want them.

and as for rear lines, talk to dave burwash, he has lines custom made, and they are win. get some.

Ya Rick I mite be interested in those pads if you can find them, price dependent also.

yeah i have the dave b braided lines and they are good quality

I was looking at them alrite the other day they do look nice, decent enough price too.

Are you swapping over a full axle or doing it seperate Nic? :thumbsup:

Well Mart Im swaping over the disc's parts on to my existing N/A axle For one reason only; Cost

The cost of getting a V rear axle off breaker here in Ireland was crazy IMO, they were qouting me 350 to 400 euro undelivered for a complete unit.

I felt that there had to be a cheaper way of doing to conversion and 2 weeks ago I found my answer: I found the whole kit pictured in my build thread on ebay, bought and delivered to Cork, Ireland for 204 euro, my bro's an ex panel beater and does all my mechanical work so it doesn't bother me about the extra bit of work involved as I don't have labour costs.