Should i buy standard or modified?

ive been looking at 2 glanzas, 1 of them is 100% standard with 60k miles on 1996, the other is modified with exhaust, coilovers, aftermarket alloys, strut braces, air filters the lot and got 80k miles on 1996 plate.

Now they are both fine cars, the standard 1 being £3795, and the modified 1 being £3675.

Now which 1 would you suggest i buy?

Opinions please.

ps, they are both silver/blue.

regards

Ricky.

if you want the car to be ure own then modify urself bud, but the mods on the other glanza sound pretty good as coilovers aint cheap.

id try for standard but u will get it cheaper than £3.6 if u haggle :thumbsup:

best of luck

un-modified one, has lower miles on the clock and you don't know how long them mods have been on for or the condition of them!

least if you modify it your self you can have it to your spec and you know exacly whats going on!

agree with ryno. chances are its had a lot more hammer as well as it modified it obv shows the owner likes speed ect, so engine will have had a lot more stick.. as it is on 80k as well thats more road time, and more nailing it. not sayin the standard one has never been driven hard, but more than likely a lot less. and nothing beats the satisfaction of creating a beast from the ground up, when you stand back and look at it and think ive done that.. feels alot better! IMO that is...

Jay

Id go for standard. Its got 20k less less miles on it. And chances are the cars being driven harder as its got a exhaust, air filter etc.

And wen yur modding just buy good condition used parts saves u alot of money

Good luck with which ever one u choose :surrender:

Its a tough choice

I bought a slightly modded GT, I wanted one iwth a LSD and clutch because they are pretty big jobs and expensive, and it came with coilys and a few other choice bits and was still a cheap car and saved me quite a few bucks seeing as I would of put the mods on anyway :surrender:

Buy a car on condition of it not the miles :surrender:

It may have had some hammer but what starlet hasn't??? Whats to say the "standard" one wasn't modded before and put back to standard for sale.

If the mods are in good condition and fitted properly etc i would go modded as it will potentially save you mucho cash in the long run. It could also bite you on the ass if the coilies are leaking etc. Check for a FCD as they are often not set up right which could cost a lot to sort :drunk2:

hi mate

I've got a completely standard model and personally its the right choice i made. I had a look at several before i purchased this one and they were modified, but the standard one just ran a lot better.

It would also be easier to sell on too as its more likely to have been driven well and unabused, hence why the the standard one you've had a look at costs more than the modified one.

Any queries on standard models let me know.

By the way, did i send you a pm quite some time ago as i think you may have been interested in viewing mine, its just your name on here sounds familar.

Thanks

I bought mine standard and have spent thousands on it ever since. Personally i prefer to build it from scratch, lucky i bought a good one! Doesn't matter weather you buy with or without mods so long as the car and the engine is in good nick its no big deal. However you will save money buying a car with a few bits on already but you may have no history on parts added unfortunately. also i must say i rekon unless the car has been heavily modded don't be fooled into spending a great deal more on a car because of it. You can pick up very good examples of gt's and glanza's @ £3,700. For that price i'd be looking for a mint condition glanza with or without mods!

I bought mine standard and have spent thousands on it ever since. Personally i prefer to build it from scratch, lucky i bought a good one! Doesn't matter weather you buy with or without mods so long as the car and the engine is in good nick its no big deal. However you will save money buying a car with a few bits on already but you may have no history on parts added unfortunately. also i must say i rekon unless the car has been heavily modded don't be fooled into spending a great deal more on a car because of it. You can pick up very good examples of gt's and glanza's @ £3,700. For that price i'd be looking for a mint condition glanza with or without mods!

So your saying for £3,700 i can buy a mint Glanza running at least 250bhp and Recaro interior?

I bought mine completely standard apart from a hks actuator and i have spent tonnes on it and still never had as much fun than modding that car, its my project and my little baby :)

Trust me buy un-modded you will have so much more fun, if you buy it modded it will just feel like you're driving somebody else's project.

ady i would have thought if your starlet was at 250bhp you would have had it forged at that point.... so no. you wouldnt find a fully forged 250hp glanza or gt with a full recaro interior for 3,700 :/ what sort of question is that?

Sorry just thought of that when you mentioned in your previous post that you can buy a mint Glanza standards or modded for £3,700 as there is no reference made to the the type and level of modications.