autobahn88 manifold and decat

• 2 weeks later...
were abouts did it crack and was the engine hard reving

I disagree i've had the manifold and de-cat on mine for 6 months running 0.7 - 1.0bar and i've had no problems what so ever, all i will say is don't use the gaskets that you get with them as they are shite.

The Autobahn stuff is hit and miss. Some last 2 weeks and some last 2 years. I wouldn't bother with them to be honest. I have one on now and it is shite. I've had it on about 7 months and a lovely juicey crack appeared on it a few weeks ago. It was so much hassle to get it sorted. Save up and get something decent mate :rolleyes:.

Bourkey

• 5 months later...
I disagree i've had the manifold and de-cat on mine for 6 months running 0.7 - 1.0bar and i've had no problems what so ever, all i will say is don't use the gaskets that you get with them as they are shite.

WHAT GASKETS do you recommend as ave gone through two already? mines cracked and welded it and its been fine since.

WHAT GASKETS do you recommend as ave gone through two already? mines cracked and welded it and its been fine since.

They're crap mate, you've just been lucky they're cheap for a reason.

Standard gaskets from toyota are the best you'll get.

ive had autobahn and the other jap one off of ebay, they both cracked within a few months,

if you have long periods at wide open throttle they will crack simple as,

the decats are safe though, its just the manifold, mainly down to the cheap grade stainless.

if they made these in a different material there would not be a problem,