opinions on a barmy idea!!

anyone ever driven a daihatsu hi jet pick up?

i had a go in one the other day,they are awesome!!!

no really they are!!

weigh about 400kg, rear wheel drive and best of all powered by a 4efe engine.

its given me a great idea.....daihatsu hi jet gt turbo!!

found one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Daihatsu-Hi-jet-pick...1QQcmdZViewItem

ok you sit bolt upright in it and you look a bit of a tit driving one but hell, ive decided when i get another job this is going to be my project car!! :p

:p  :p  :p  :D  YOUR OFF YOUR ROCKER  :p  :p  :)  :(

thinking about it i could use it for work and still cane saxo's off the lights  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my mates got one for work and hes beaten an almera gti off the line...these hi jets do 0-60 in about 8-8.5 sec!!and thats a standard one!!

Noy sure where the engine lives (at the front I presume), but strip all the body work off, it's excess weight and without you can fit some bigger/deeper wheels

Put the seat in between the wheels either side of the sphine, would give a more relaxed sitting position, it would also lower and center (a bit) the weight, would make a very unique looking car!

Looking at the spec on ebay it says it's engine is a engine size is 1295cc, (16 valve EFI), isn't a 4efe engine bigger than that?

Would be a cracking Q car though :p

I have seen a suzuki pickup with a hayabusa engine which does 0-60 in just over 3 seconds, looks mental! :p

Guest Enzo

im sure its a dahatsu engine in them but if you have problems with mounts just use the three cylinder turbo lump out of the gtti!!

200bhp is poosible with that.

Noy sure where the engine lives (at the front I presume)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah there in the front...well actually its underneath you!!have to take both seats out and lift the floor 2 get 2 it.

im thinking roughly 150 bhp with fmic and boost controller.then just got 2 put some ballast over back axle...few bags of cement should do the trick. :p