my first starlet (gt advance)

well heres my gt advance

70.000 km's

standard apart from the wheels me thinks ...

and i paid £2500

Image0013-1-1.jpg

Image0012-1.jpg

Image0011-1.jpg

Image0010-1.jpg

Image0009-1.jpg

it now is completely de-badged and de-stickered

i do have big plans for it. but once the money rolls in lol

what you think ??

also.. do the advances have lsd ??

the cv's i beleive are hammered. full lock turning get a nice clonking noise going both ways.. got play in all the wheel bearings and the rear engine mount is hanging lol

few bits i need to sort but yeah.. i beleive its fairly cheap

cheers

ben.

Contray to popular belief, Advances do not all have LSDs. They were optional extras. Easiest way to check to see if it has it is to jack the front of the car up, and turn a wheel by hand. If the other wheel spins the same way at the same time, then you have an LSD.

Looks like a clean example, I have to say, although it's not good news about the CV's and bearings :D

EDIT: Edited info about LSD after seeing Sparkys post >.>

it is an advance.. but not on the papers

yeh al.. really likeing it

gettin some money together for sum goodies :)

cheers

ben.

Don't you think that the car actually BEING a turbo is a bit more of a giveaway than a few vinyls?

You do realise that if you crash, insurance will take one look at your car and void your insurance? Right now your car is technically uninsured.

Do the right thing and insure it properly, if you can't afford it, don't have it.

i will but.. its not my fault it was already registered like that.. i will change it..

ben.

If you got pulled over or worst case scenario, crashed and then said to the police/your insurers "oh, it's not my fault, it came like that." You wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

On the log book mine isn't a Turbo, which I'm currently in the process of trying to get changed, I do however have it declared as a Turbo with the insurers and every single mod no matter how small declared.

I bend over backwards paying for it, but it's one of those things.

I'm only saying how it is mate, anyone could crash at any time, if you crash into someone and you're uninsured you might aswell say goodbye to driving for a while.

i understand what your saying mate and i am going to insure it as a turbo.. i have been pulled over a few times an i have been shitting myself every time .. but as of yet they dont even know what it is.. but yes that isnt the point.. i do understand the risk

i will admit i have never driven a car so carefull since i have been driving.. but yes i do agree with you and i will change it

cheers

ben.