so i baught a 1997 Glanza V the other day from a breakers yard because it was too cheap to pass on. The plan is to make this a seriously quick car.

so first things first. Exhaust/de cat and manifold: I have decided on the Buddy Club Spec 2 stright through exhaust but its finding a manifold that im finding hard, cheap ones are cheap for a reason(AUTOBAHN88-JPERFORMANCE-JAPSPEED), but the only othes i can find are close to £1000. Any suggestions on a quality manifold that will not cost more then i paid for the car, what do u have?

ive all ready decieded on a front mount intercooler(Blitz),boost controler(Apexi AVC-R ) but can not make my mind up on the ecu or the iduction, what would u recomend? im leaning towards the Greedy E-manage and thinking about relocating the air filter to down by the radiator, again, what do you have?

Ive tried adding pics but will not accept them, i click insert image , but will not let me take them off my comp? wants a http address? how do i add pictures?

Nice one, another Starlet saved :)

use www.photobucket.com - sign up there and then upload pics to that, then copy the IMG link and paste it into your post :)

Good luck and i look forward to seeing its progress

I'd recommend buying a manifold from Keith @ Zisco, here is his trader page: http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=16578

Bare in mind that the prices are in € and include all shipping fees and as Malta are in the EU you don't have import fees either.

Very good mani's for the price and a pleasure to deal with.

Welcome to the forum. Yes, another starlet saved.

Induction Kit Relocation - U can get a relocatio kit from Toytuning.com.

As for manifolds theres SPS Dane, toytuning, Race-tech (Username - Starbus). All at good prices

Sorry i cant get hold of links at the mo

Hi mate, sounds like you have some nice plans for it!

I personally in the way of manifolds would just buy an autobahn one and get the welds re-done and braced which from a fabricators will cost you Max £20 and then get the mani skimmed so it sits flush and bosh! you have yourself a manifold that is actually good and doesnt cost 7 billion pounds!

relocation kits yet again i would reccomend toy tuning when he's back up and running.

Markoos

it only needs a new passenger door and ill pull most of the dink on the back quater out , lucky enough i have a mate with a spray shop so its not going to cost me much, thank god.

thanks for all your replys uve helped with the manifold issue. can any one shed some light on ecu's , as i understand it the Greddy

e-management sounds the best to me after adding uprated fule pump and fule regulator, but this needs setting up by a proffesional etc (so Greddy say). is their any piggy back ecu's or stand alone ecus which just plug in?

Paid just over £1000, 1997 manuel 75k imported 11/2007, 12 months tax and test, i have no idea why it was written off by the insurance company, how much you wanting for the door? im Bradford way

Paid just over £1000, 1997 manuel 75k imported 11/2007, 12 months tax and test, i have no idea why it was written off by the insurance company, how much you wanting for the door? im Bradford way

Thats a really good price mate, u sure theres no chasis damage or anything seeing as it was wrote off?

Thats a really good price mate, u sure theres no chasis damage or anything seeing as it was wrote off?

non, no damage to door piller or anything , im assuming that because their an import and even tho the starlet is a uk car , the glanza is not so when its looked at be the insurance company they just rite it off

• 1 month later...

Update so far, came out of the spray shop looking like new. fitted new exhaust(blue flame - just doesnt sit right in my opinion but sounds great)

manifold ( j-performance , had it braced etc ) de cat, hks acuator , a/f relocation kit & hks ssqv, discovered prat that had it before must not have had any air filter on or was using it to mix cement because blades on turbo are worn down to nothing(3mm left at the most), geee wizz . excuse for a new turbo tho (ct9 hybrid from enzo is what ive decided on when pay day comes back round & hdi fmic)

Sprayed interior black .

some before and after shots

toms_car_075.jpg

toms_car_076.jpgtoms_car_078.jpg

toms_car_086.jpgtoms_car_082.jpg

and after

041.jpg042.jpg044.jpg045.jpg046.jpg047.jpg048.jpg050.jpg051.jpg052.jpg

Wow looks so much better, nice one dude. Glad to see out old door being used well too! :thumbsup:

Yeh, life saver on the door, cant thank you enough, im going to get some pics up of the turbo as a warning to anyone about not running any kind of filter on the turbo, probably sounds sweet but will fugger your turbo.