Look what I managed to do..

Basically as the weather was nice yesterday I figured I'd find some good driving roads and give the Starlet a decent run for a change. Ended up accidentally making a wrong turning and ended up more or less offroad. (TomTom's and country roads don't mix well.)

Next thing I know the rear of the car dips into a massive hole, which seemingly had a perfectly placed brick behind to smash into my exhaust.

Rock 1 - 0 Nur Spec

Now I need to decide whether to have a go at knocking the dent out myself (Most probably badly) or get it done professionally. Either way I'm more or less resigned to the fact it's unlikely it'll be perfectly round again.

DSCF2511.jpg

DSCF2509.jpg

DSCF2512.jpg

I`d put a cloth over and gently bend it back with some pliers.....or you could go to a exhaust place and ask them to see if they can make it any better?

Ahh man thats unlucky..if you do it yourself just take your time n don't wack it :p

Yeah, it will require a lot of patience, it's sodding hard though so it probably would involve whacking it!

Ouch!! I doubt it will probably be round again but you could ask someone to do it for you. The chances are you will make it worse by doing it yourself.

Bourkey

Yeah, that's my main concern, if I was to give it a shot myself and not have it right, then decide to take it to a company for them to see what they can do just for them to say, 'Well we could've fixed it before you screwed about with it..'

Meh.. My bung for it arrived in the post today aswell, wonder if that'll ever fit now. :p

I`d put a cloth over and gently bend it back with some pliers.....or you could go to a exhaust place and ask them to see if they can make it any better?

I thought about that, I intially thought it was a lot "pointier" than it is, so it may be possible to try and bend it.

Think I'm gonna get advice from an exhaust place before I try myself though.

You could probably get that almost round again.

You'll need a cylinder shaped thing to shape it to... been a few years since I did metal work at college I can't remember a fucking thing lol...

best thing to do if you do it yourself, het the end of the exhaust up, hit it outwards with a rubber mallet, the get something metal in a cone shape, and hit it in the exhaust, aint hard to do mate, that happened to mine a while ago.

• 3 weeks later...

mine was flattenend on the bottom where someone reversed over a kerb in Japan.. I use a nice pair of pointy nose pliers and just gently ease it around bit by bit until its close to circular. Can hardly notice it on mine.

Forgot to update this thread, sorry guys.

Thanks for all the advice, I decided to attempt to get it fixed professionally in the end but all he did was got out a chunky set of pliers and got it pretty much rounded. I then got some smaller pliers and a rubber hammer when I was at home and now it looks pretty much spot on again.

Worry over!