after all that blooody work........

well had to fit my new turbo as my old one popped, today finished fitting the new turbo checked if everything was back together and pluged in etc and fired her up every thing was perfect the exhaust wasnt smoking like a steam train. couple mins later looked in the engine bay and tiny bit of smoke coming out of the manifold/turbo bit i belive, gutted! i think the gasket is the problem letting the gases escap. hmmmmmm well i am hoping thats the problem. whats yas think?

Did you fit new gaskets??

Did you use any oil/grease on the bolts/nuts as that will smoke a bit till it burns off, did you tighten the nuts properly the ones at the rear of the turbo are a complete arse to get tight. :D

Did you fit new gaskets??

Did you use any oil/grease on the bolts/nuts as that will smoke a bit till it burns off, did you tighten the nuts properly the ones at the rear of the turbo are a complete arse to get tight. :D

yep fitted new gasketsfrom toyota, used wd40 to get bolts of when taking the turbo out etc, thats what i thought at first itll be the oil and that burning to cause that smoke checking again tommorow that all the bolts are really tight really gutted havent had my car for 2weeks its killing me

Take it for a drive and get it hot, a short motorway run will clear the crap off the bolts/mani area, if it still does it after it's got hot then somethings not on right.

right started me car up again to see what i could see but its hard to see were the smokes actually cuming from due to the wind :D

heres a vid to show you, i really dont think its normal its burning kinda smell,

http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/a...15032009001.flv

let me know what u think please (that noise is sum 1 cutting there grass, not my engine lol)

i dont understand we have put it back the way it came off everything is in the right oder

Is your downpipe back onto the turbo properly?

Is your turbo onto the manifold properly?

How long have you had it sat there running as mine did it for a good few minutes burning the oil and whatever else was on your hands off the manifold.

Is your downpipe back onto the turbo properly?

Is your turbo onto the manifold properly?

How long have you had it sat there running as mine did it for a good few minutes burning the oil and whatever else was on your hands off the manifold.

yep eveything is conected back properly and the bolts are as tight as they can go, ive had it runing for about 5 mins then turned it off scared if its doing any damage

Must be something burning off mate! You used Toyota gaskets; so it won't be those crappy eBay ones burning or anything like that - must just be the WD40 you sprayed on it! Take it for a quick blap, should eventually go. My brothers de-cat smoked for quite awhile! Think there's some coating on the stainless that just burnt off.