considering turbo conversion for SR starlet

hey folks, ive had my sr starlet a year now an have been on and off about a turbo conversion, i need the car through the week so cant swap the engine to a 4efte. i was just wondering if it would be ok to just turbo my own 4efe bearing in mind that thers 108000 miles on the clock. its got full service history and its in great condition for mileage. any advice is much appreciated.

Welcome to the UKSC site zurgie.

Here is all the info you could ever want to know from our sister site and our site:

Turboing a 4E-FE Engine

Cost of Turboing 4EFE vs 4EFTE Conversion

Detail of Components needed for 4EFTE Conversion

My advice to you is to go for a clean 4EFTE conversion with corresponding wiring looms however it is up to you what path you wish to take if you wanted to be different or based on your time/ budget or expectations.

I know you say you use the car daily however it is a small time sacrifice to have a better engine setup in the long run so I definitely wouldn't rule out the 4EFTE conversion.

Even with turboing the 4EFE you are going to need some time with the car off the road.

Very few members have turboed their 4EFE however once they see this thread hopefully they can give you some pointers.

Don't forget insurance costs too as independent conversions are often more expensive to insure than their original counterparts.

Please take the time to read those articles as they are very rich in content.

Happy Reading

Joz