Ecu Remap For N/a?

You can't remap it but you can use a piggyback.

IMO it's not worth it until you have supporting mods, you'd want to get atleast the basic bolt ons first and then go the next step with things like cams/headwork/ITB's/etc...

cheers mate as i've heard on the ep2 civic forum that when you bolt stuff onto your car it might make you lose bhp rather than gain bhp. and does anyone know if there is an peformance manifold for the N/A? sorry as i said i'm a no0by lol ;)

cheers mate as i've heard on the ep2 civic forum that when you bolt stuff onto your car it might make you lose bhp rather than gain bhp. and does anyone know if there is an peformance manifold for the N/A? sorry as i said i'm a no0by lol ;)

The reason for loss of power is because people don't research things and find out what parts they need. A 3 inch straight through exhaust for example is going to be pointless on a 1.3 N/A.

Bolt ons are fine aslong as you are using the right parts. The problem with the N/A Starlet is that not many people have pushed the 4EFE very far, most people tend to do the basic mods then wait for a GT/Glanza.

The reason you loose power is because the standard Map cant provide the extra fuel etc needed if your running a larger throttle body with induction kit or full exhaust etc.

Ideally you would need a remap after every mod you put on the car to get the best from the set up.

As Ste said get the basic bolt ons sorted and get a piggy back fuel computer and get it mapped for your set up.

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah I'm thinking of building an N/A sleeper, and as I'm almost 18 and the insurance companies won't touch me if I got a turbo. Also does anyone know what spoiler is on the White ep91 at the top of each page? And would most bolt on stuff from the glanza fit the N/A e.g. Exhaust and induction?

Tbh mate i wouldn't waste time or money trying to make your N/A faster with remaps and piggyback gear, it's no sports car to begin with you ain't gonna see massive improvements on a 1.3 anyway 10-20 maybe 30bhp if you are lucky. You will still be raped by insurance co's :rolleyes: save the cash and make it look good then swap it all onto a turbo when you can afford one :thumbsup:

best things you can do to a N/A to make you go faster are getting better brakes, better tyres and up-rated suspension :thumbsup:

can't say the gains you'd make from re-mapping a N/A are worth the costs, you won't get anywhere near the figures that would make a diffrence!

• 7 months later...

4efe are fit for 100bhp. Spend your money wisely. corolla inlet manifold, any universal backbox, cut out the cat, then get a piggyback ecu or fuel computer. Greddy emanage can be got second-hand, plus you can fit it to your next car